: Audio In The 07 Escalade

swerc_1
01-25-07, 11:56 AM
1/25/07-

Im suppose to pick up my new truck today. I just wanted to know all the people who have enhanced their audio system i.e. amps subs. Whats the best setup. I'm looking to put maybe a 12inch sub and amp the existing speakers. Im looking for subs that can be hid outta the way so that I dont dont up limited trunk space.

Thanks for any ideas

ejholt
01-26-07, 01:34 AM
I've been thinking about the same thing, as I have been VERY disappointed with the Bose system. Don't get me wrong I love the DVD based system with 5.1, but I have a stock Bose system in my Infiniti FX and it sounds incredible and the bass just thumps. In the Escalade, I can hardly hear it and neither the speakers or sub have the punch of the system in my Infiniti.

Has anyone else found this to be the case?

esved
01-26-07, 02:06 AM
same problem here, I've asked many shops to try to find space in my esv to place maybe 2 or 3 12" subs but so far no body can do it without losing any cargo space since i constantly need to take out and put back the 3rd row, the stock system just stink....i hope someone here has done it

LLT
01-26-07, 02:59 AM
I'm not an audio expert, so I don't know how to explain this without appearing to be the idiot that I actually am... :)

I think the Bose sounds decent when turned up to nearly unreasonable levels. The lows have a punch, the highs are clear and the mids are... whatever mids are. :D Now, at lower/normal volumes... it sounds AWFUL, especially in XM mode. So incredibly disheartening. My wife's $30,000 Toyota Camry has a JBL audio system and it seriously blows the system in my $70,000 Escalade away (oh and it has bluetooth, but I digress!)

I don't do aftermarket unfortunately, so I'll be living with it I suppose. Still disappointing though.

hcvone
01-26-07, 07:29 AM
The system in the 07's sound good when playing 5.1 CD's, CD's and Ipod, but there is plenty of room for improvement, it's much better than my 03' Escalade was.

yourgmsolutions
01-27-07, 12:20 AM
I think GM screwed up with audio system in Escalade. regular Bose system in 07 Tahoe/Yukon sound better when playing music. the only time audio in Escalade sounds better, when playing a movie.or super audio DVD. same thing on STS's with 5.1 and without.

LLT
01-27-07, 01:00 AM
Mark,

Have you found that the units without Navigation sound better than the ones with navigation? I've driven many STS's and Escalades with and without nav and they always sound better without. I can never get the levels adjusted to get a good sound on a nav unit... unless, as you say, it's a 5.1 DVD.

CadillacGrillz
01-27-07, 01:50 AM
i got 4 15's memphis but im tired of the big box on the back so im getting the new memphis mojo's 2000 watts each one and its probably gonna take less space wut im looking for right now its a head unit but still no luck in finding one and im also gonna take off the bose door speakers i didnt like the sound so im gonna get those new also ill let u know my new setup

hcvone
01-27-07, 06:13 AM
I think GM screwed up with audio system in Escalade. regular Bose system in 07 Tahoe/Yukon sound better when playing music. the only time audio in Escalade sounds better, when playing a movie.or super audio DVD. same thing on STS's with 5.1 and without.

They gave me an 07' Tahoe to drive when my engine blew in the last Escalade, and at least the one I had the sound system was not even close to my Escalade. :hmm:

Dif
01-27-07, 08:35 AM
I thought the same thing at first when I got my 07 that the Bose wasn't up to par but...
I set the Treble setting down to almost nothing and set the Mid and Bass up to the top settings and it made a big difference.
Sounds much better.

cadymon
01-27-07, 08:28 PM
i cannot complain far as sound quality in the new escalade i love it.

slingshot
01-31-07, 08:02 PM
I will be having an Alpine amp and JL audio sub installed into my 07' Escalade tomorrow morning. I will let you know how it turns out. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!:want:

Kickboxer
02-01-07, 03:05 AM
I will be having an Alpine amp and JL audio sub installed into my 07' Escalade tomorrow morning. I will let you know how it turns out. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!:want:

Is it the JL center console sub or one being custom made?

slingshot
02-01-07, 06:41 PM
Is it the JL center console sub or one being custom made?

No, unfortunately, JL does NOT make a stealth box for the escalade at this time. I went with one of their boxes placed in the rear. I had to remove one of the third row seats for work related gear, so that is where the sub was placed. The system sounds like night and day. We used Alpines new 1000 watt amp, it fit under the rear seat like a glove.

medlines
02-01-07, 09:19 PM
how did you hook up the external amplifier , did you you use a croosover before or after the Bose amplifier or just from any speaker.

zeetree
02-02-07, 03:42 AM
Bose is a speaker concept built upon the notion of controlled reflection. Reflection off of the surfaces in a particular enclosure - in this case our Escalades. In other vehicles cases they have much smaller enclosures with variables that are much easier to predict. Add this knowledge that all any speaker system really does is vibrate air. Some (as we know) do it much better than others. The problem with the ESV and Escalade is that the amount of air to vibrate varies so much depending on who and what we are hauling - and the reflection points (hard versus soft surface and all the in-betweens) are difficult at best to predict. This is why when we blast it - it sounds great - but at lower volumes - the settings always need to be tweaked.

So in a somewhat different answer to the question: The new Escalade and ESVs sound systems are every bit as capable and well designed as any other sold by GM, Infinity, etc.... They are however more of a challenge to use to their utmost and will probably not sound as good to most people much of the time as a result of their environment.

LLT
02-02-07, 03:50 AM
Bose is a speaker concept built upon the notion of controlled reflection. Reflection off of the surfaces in a particular enclosure - in this case our Escalades. In other vehicles cases they have much smaller enclosures with variables that are much easier to predict. Add this knowledge that all any speaker system really does is vibrate air. Some (as we know) do it much better than others. The problem with the ESV and Escalade is that the amount of air to vibrate varies so much depending on who and what we are hauling - and the reflection points (hard versus soft surface and all the in-betweens) are difficult at best to predict. This is why when we blast it - it sounds great - but at lower volumes - the settings always need to be tweaked.

So in a somewhat different answer to the question: The new Escalade and ESVs sound systems are every bit as capable and well designed as any other sold by GM, Infinity, etc.... They are however more of a challenge to use to their utmost and will probably not sound as good to most people much of the time as a result of their environment.

Very interesting. I did not know this - thanks! :)

Kickboxer
02-02-07, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE=slingshot;962096]No, unfortunately, JL does NOT make a stealth box for the escalade at this time. QUOTE]

I think their new stealth box will fit the escalade as long as a acouple things are moved around under there (little electronic box and possible underseat air duct for secong row passaengers) . Nobody is willing to post the post the sub part# for the lade and then the tahoe/yulon//denalli so I can't say this for sure but I still think it may be possible.

AWDTSi
02-07-07, 05:31 PM
If you are worried about space... just drop the subs into the rear floor... Not sure how the 07 are designed but here is a picture

253caddy
02-07-07, 08:01 PM
I have 3 10's in a custom box that fires down in my 07 and it fits behind my third row!!! Sounds great and you cant even see it!!!

I used a PAC audio piece to hook it all up to the stock radio and BOOM sounds good!!! I will get some pics posted in a few!

benamaster
02-07-07, 10:09 PM
I have 3 10's in a custom box that fires down in my 07 and it fits behind my third row!!! Sounds great and you cant even see it!!!

I used a PAC audio piece to hook it all up to the stock radio and BOOM sounds good!!! I will get some pics posted in a few!

Do you happen to have any pictures? That sounds interesting.

253caddy
02-08-07, 12:28 AM
here is the link I used to buy the box on ebay came really fast and I wired it to 2 ohms and it sounds great if it stops raining around here soon I will take some fresh pics and post them up!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Audiobahn-CTE12TE-12-Triple-Tahoe-Escalade-Enclosure_W0QQitemZ120082328407QQihZ002QQcategoryZ 50565QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem