: Regional Field Rep flying to in look at problem

scottimartini
01-25-07, 11:17 AM
My V is in the shop for the 5th time for Evap System problems. Check engine light comes on, the shop makes a repair and then a week later the light comes on again. Repeat process....
So has anyone else had a problem so elusive that Caddilac had to bring in the BIG GUNS to try and solve it? I'm curious to know if this will either get fixed or Caddi will admit that they can't solve the problem and I fall under the Lemon Law.

austin
01-25-07, 11:39 AM
wow... 5th time in for the same problem.... I'd say your more than all set under the lemon law. I think you only actually need three times in for the same problem to be covered. If you let the rep know your unhappy, and don't want the car at this point (due to five failed repair attempts), they should buy it back from you.

Ryan's '05-V
01-25-07, 03:36 PM
Austin, it doesn't quite work that easy.

Each state is different so it may take four attempts but if you truely feel you don't want the car, tell the rep and see what he can do. If not, file a claim with the BBB as you will more than likely be traded out of your car in to a new one minus usage or can get a refund.

Maybe James will see this and can help you help the rep. Wouldn't that be funny if you told them how to fix it. If you don't want your car then don't help at all. Just a thoguht.

Good luck.

austin
01-25-07, 05:08 PM
Not sure if this is related to your exact problem.. If it is though... According to this, they are to replace the gas tank. Just out of curiousity, what have they done to your car while attempting to fix this problem.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/pic3181.pdf