: 07 EXT Paint Scratches

rtrgjr
01-25-07, 08:11 AM
Is there something new with the 2007 Paint, I have the Red-E color, and pickup two scratches in the 3 weeks I owned it:banghead:, is it just bad luck. I had my 2002 avalanche for 4 years and had very little in the way of scratches. I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with easy scratching?

hcvone
01-25-07, 03:44 PM
What color was your Avalanche? Darker colors will show scratches more than lighter colors do, the paint should be no softer than your Avalanche was, all paints of today scratch very easy, everything that touches your car should be very soft, like cotton or sheepskin wash mitts, and cotton or cotton microfiber towels. Thai will help keep your truck looking good longer

rtrgjr
01-29-07, 09:54 AM
My avalanche was Sunset Orange.. I took the EXT back to dealership most of my problem was the dealership sent the truck to local shop to have it buffed before I took delivery and they did one crappy job.:banghead: I picked it up later in the day so never noticed the problems until the weather allowed me to wash it. Just got it back looks awsume. Still have some scratches but I can fix those when the weather warms up its still in the 30s around Seattle.

hcvone
01-29-07, 11:58 AM
The orange color is a lot easier to keep clean and scratch free compared to black. :)