: Custom Strut Grille for SRX

Arich
01-24-07, 11:49 PM
I got a custom Strut Grille done up for the SRX :).. I have good connections with someone whose involved with the manufacturing of their grilles.. Below are pictures of mine installed-- check back soon for full body shots of the car-- as well check out my other post which shows pictures of the rest of the car...

I think I may be able to talk him/her :) into making one or two more grilles.. So contact me via PM if you are interested and I can see what I can do..

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1323/dsc005947ob.jpg
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5389/dsc005950hs.jpg
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7788/dsc005934wj.jpg

yourgmsolutions
01-25-07, 12:08 AM
looks really nice :thumbsup:

mjk
01-25-07, 09:59 AM
I got a custom Strut Grille done up for the SRX :).. I have good connections with someone whose involved with the manufacturing of their grilles.. Below are pictures of mine installed-- check back soon for full body shots of the car-- as well check out my other post which shows pictures of the rest of the car...

I think I may be able to talk him/her :) into making one or two more grilles.. So contact me via PM if you are interested and I can see what I can do..

Looks Sharp!
what are we talking $$$wise???

Kalibr
01-25-07, 11:07 AM
Very nice! How much was it? Also, was it a DIY install?

c5 rv
01-25-07, 11:40 AM
Can you get it without the superman logo?

TSS
01-25-07, 11:54 AM
Looks great! If it had a Cadillac emblem, I would consider it myself. I am sure that the STRUT emblem is more "hip", but unfortunately I am too old/ignorant to have ever heard of it before.

Follow-up: I did a search and found out:

A. Strut grills are the absolute "in" thing right now; only made for Cadillacs/Bentleys/etc;
B. If you have to ask, you can't afford it. An Escalade grill goes for NO less than $2500.00 - since this was a custom job, must be more. Too rich for my blood.

Arich
01-25-07, 03:21 PM
The grille was extremely easy to put in and is defiantly a DIY install if you know what you are doing. I would assist in the process if necessary..

I can't say what I paid.. but since it isn't strut branded in the back and isn't certified by them, just someone in the manufacturing department doing me a favor and putting it together and getting hold of one of the elusive emblems which are not avaliable for individual sale and attaching it. I think I may be able to get 1 or 2 more strut grilles off my buddy for about $1500ish maybe a little bit lower like $1200.. If you are really interested please contact me and I will do my best to accommodate you. Also do not forget this grille will most likely take about 3-6 weeks for him/her to make.

Thanks for all the great comments guys I really appreciate them.

c5 rv
01-25-07, 08:48 PM
You're kidding, right? I thought $500 for E&G was terrible. I guess someone has to pay for the fashion photography on their website.

GMJim
01-27-07, 11:56 AM
I'm sorry........I must be a old fashion, not hip, traditional Midwesterner.
I just don't care for it. I drive a Cadillac, not a strutmobile.

B-MAKcTS
03-31-07, 11:39 PM
I want one.. the admin is making me make 50 posts I cant pm u... but i really want one...

urbanski
04-01-07, 08:53 AM
I want one.. the admin is making me make 50 posts I cant pm u... but i really want one...

yes, either have 50 quality posts or join as a supporter to have PMs enabled. 1-word spam wont qualify for 50, and all those you just made are gone.
per our TOS:
No bombing forums or threads with pointless posts.

tonygxp
04-01-07, 09:29 PM
I thought I was insane for spending $486 on my Dual Weave mesh E&G grill??? I like the look, but it's too rich for my blood.. good luck with it..

KMO
04-01-07, 10:15 PM
I'm sorry........I must be a old fashion, not hip, traditional Midwesterner.
I just don't care for it. I drive a Cadillac, not a strutmobile.

OK! I just laughed myself out of my chair... "strutmobile" :histeric:

Now, all kidding aside, it is a SWEET grill but I am more of a "de-badger" or "same-badger" than a "re-badger". My wife would have a stoke if I spent that much on a grill... and she is 35.

Arich
04-03-07, 12:56 AM
A lot of compliments from the grille.. Everywhere I go and I get out of my car I have to deal with someone asking me questions about it.. It's annoying but I love the attention but every time I get in the car I make sure the emblem is still there hahahah :) :) :)

Falkolade
04-04-07, 07:40 PM
strut is the pinnacle of all grills... thats sooo cool to have a custom / unique grill!!! sweet ride man!!

hotwhips22
12-18-07, 02:00 PM
I am sorry to say but this is not a STRUT custom made grille. You have been misinformed. It appears to be possibly an E&G grille with a STRUT shield attached. We have never made a SRX grille only the escalades and XLR.

Cadillac Tony
12-18-07, 03:47 PM
Ouch.

Silver Dollar
12-18-07, 04:19 PM
Ouch.

Did someone just kick you in the strut?

urbanski
12-18-07, 04:24 PM
I am sorry to say but this is not a STRUT custom made grille. You have been misinformed. It appears to be possibly an E&G grille with a STRUT shield attached. We have never made a SRX grille only the escalades and XLR.

:haha:

TSS
12-18-07, 04:59 PM
He last posted 10/30/07 on the DTS forum. Hopefully he will respond. It does not really look like an E&G to me, but what do I know. Maybe it is a real STRUT, maybe he was fibbing, or maybe he got ripped off himself.

Calling Arich, you out there?

GMJim
12-18-07, 05:04 PM
Arich, Coal in your stocking, you big fibber

Nimrod
12-19-07, 03:45 AM
GM Jim what does that expression means "Coal in your stocking"? Ive seen that you used it before.
I thought I knew most of the american expressions after watching 16 756 american TV-series in my life starting with "Bonanza" in the early 60īs to "Heroes" and "Lost" nowadays, but this one is new to me.:yup:

Autobahn_Burner
12-19-07, 07:58 AM
This is -by far- the most beautiful grille ever seen. Congrats. Not comparable to the E&G mesh grille. However, I would prefer the Cadillac logo over the Superman / Strut thing since no one over here knows of the hipness of Strut. Anyway, shipment to Germany would be another bunch of $$$ - so I have to live w/o that nice item...

MortnCyn
12-19-07, 08:56 AM
GM Jim what does that expression means "Coal in your stocking"? Ive seen that you used it before.
I thought I knew most of the american expressions after watching 16 756 american TV-series in my life starting with "Bonanza" in the early 60īs to "Heroes" and "Lost" nowadays, but this one is new to me.:yup:Not sure the origin is American or not. It refers to hanging your stocking on the fireplace mantel so Santa will put nice little gifts in the stocking when he comes down the chimney. If you have been bad during the year you may just get a lump of coal in the stocking. So what will you get his year? A new SRX or a lump of coal?

Nimrod
12-19-07, 09:22 AM
Not sure the origin is American or not. It refers to hanging your stocking on the fireplace mantel so Santa will put nice little gifts in the stocking when he comes down the chimney. If you have been bad during the year you may just get a lump of coal in the stocking. So what will you get his year? A new SRX or a lump of coal?

OK, Thank you.
No, we dont have that tradition with stockings here in Sweden. We put some of the christmas gifts under the christmas tree and some of them in a big sack that Santa carries when he comes in to the house in the evening and he gives the presents to everyone.
So we actually can see the real Santa here. In US I think you dont see him because he was there when evrybody was a sleep?
So here all the fathers suddenly have to go and buy a newspaper in the christmas evening and then when he comes back Santa has already gone.:shhh:

I already have an SRX but I wish for a Porsche for christmas but though I have been extremly kind this year somehow I believe I want get one.:want:
But im sure i want get coal:bighead:

Silver Dollar
12-19-07, 07:30 PM
...I would prefer the Cadillac logo over the Superman / Strut thing since no one over here knows of the hipness of Strut....

1. Strut

a. What a turkey does

b. What a turkey does to his car.

GMJim
12-19-07, 09:32 PM
1. Strut

a. What a turkey does

b. What a turkey does to his car.

Now, that is funny! No, that is frickn' hilarious!

Right on Silva Dolla

:histeric:

Autobahn_Burner
12-20-07, 09:30 AM
LOL. thanks for free the English to English translation. I cracked up. Laughter all arround me. Made my day.

CaddiKid
01-14-08, 05:55 AM
He said that his friend custom made it for him....

5615mike
08-31-09, 10:45 PM
My wife gets comments on her grill everywhere she go's as well. Spent $450 installed for hers. $1200-$1500 for a grill? :thepan:
I guess Strut gets fools to easily part with their money.............OMG.........$1200 I know your rolling on the floor laughing about that. And that Superman Logo has go go.

Professor Wizard
09-01-09, 07:23 PM
I am thinking that must be a regional thing!

I just don't' see "Strut" grills here in St. Louis. And yet, do see a lot of custom grills.

Personally - I kind of like that grill, but without the Superman Logo as the one poster stated! That big S completely ruins the overall look of the thing.

That post was done 2 years ago... So.. is the Strut Company stilll a big deal - or were they just a fad and the players moved on to other brands!

MN SRX
09-04-09, 07:20 AM
Strut is still out there. Its not exactly a household name because they mainly play in the uber high end area of 'car jewelry' as its often called (they have a grill kit for Lamborghinis that costs somewhere north of $25,000).

The compnay was co-founded by Scott Struthers (hence the name), who also cofounded Sonance. Sonance makes some of the best in wall/in ceiling speakers on the market, as well as other mid to high end home audio products.

I had the pleasure of working with Scott and his team ffrom Sonance for a while last year. He was kind enough to offer me a Strut grill when he heard that I drove a Cadillac. Unfortunately, as we've seen here, they only make grills for Escalades. They were working on one for the CTS, but I don't know if it ever shipped.

Arich
05-31-10, 08:08 AM
I just got rid of my SRX :( and have this grille for sale. Feel free to PM me if you are interested. Open to all offers.

Thanks,
Adam

stevewhitt1962
12-15-12, 07:16 PM
That grill is the "B" bomb. Love it