: Follow up to my 3m clear bra install

wifescaddy
01-24-07, 03:52 PM
Really came out great ,also only took an hour for both mirrors,fenders and hood.Using a hair dryer for the edges does the trick.I think im gone to get a kit made for my 73 corvette also.

CaddyinKC
01-24-07, 06:49 PM
Glad to hear things turned out well. Pictures? Who did you buy it from off of ebay?

wifescaddy
01-24-07, 09:12 PM
thanks yes off of ebay ill get the link later and ill post some pics tommorrow night.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-2005-2006-2007-CADILLAC-SRX-GENUINE-3M-CLEAR-BRA_W0QQitemZ110059468316QQihZ001QQcategoryZ50457Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

wifescaddy
01-27-07, 09:05 AM
Heres pic of fender and hood you can barely tell its there.
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2221637580052841409sCuboM

j123456k
01-28-07, 10:34 PM
My wife and I were just talking about getting a bra for our new 2007 SRX and I happened to see your comments on the 3m Clear Bra. My initial thought was to use a leather bra for trips only and then take off the BRA during normal day to day use.

Would you please be more specific on the clear BRA? Is this something that stays on for good? or is it removable? What drove you to trying the clear BRA versus something like a LEBRA?

Really appreciate your feedback. We love our new SRX and want to keep the front end looking nice for many years. Really not looking for something that stays on permanently though.

Jeff

wifescaddy
01-29-07, 06:44 AM
Because i used lebra bras on other cars i had vette,pathfinder,and it was a pain,dirt would get under it and scratch the paint.With this you leave it on,you wax over it and its clear,protects the paint .Its like tinting a window its a film,peel the one side off and stick it to the car.And if you ever want to take it off just peel it off and give it a good cleaning to get any residue off and the paint is still new.If youve never tinted windows then let someone else do it.
You spray a alcohol ,water solution down and a soapy solution so the film is easy to position.Then you take a squeege to get the excess water out from underneath it till all bubbles are out and its smooth.You can use a hair dryer on edges that wrap around areas.
As for the product i love it ill be doing my other cars next.

n7don_srx
01-29-07, 01:06 PM
Really came out great ,also only took an hour for both mirrors,fenders and hood.Using a hair dryer for the edges does the trick.I think im gone to get a kit made for my 73 corvette also.

Photos looked great.

I googled "3m clear bra" and found there's also a kit for the "lower bumper" and one listed as "grill and upper bumper" for the SRX. We have less than 100 mi. on ours. Any thoughts on what areas are most likely to need chip protection. I know my 03 Envoy has more chips on the frontal area than hood.

RunningOnEMT
01-29-07, 01:10 PM
not to threadjack or anything but does anyone have a picture of a 3m bra on a dark colored car

i'm worried about being able to see it on my redline V