: Replacement windshield wiperblades?

big-tex
01-24-07, 10:11 AM
I would appear that the ones that came with my STS (Less than 6 months) are getting worse as the weather gets nice and throws more slop from the roads onto my windshield.

Does anyone know where we can buy replacement STS 2006 wiperblades? I know we just can't slap on the ones from the local auto parts store. But has anyone discovered how much GM charges for replacements, or if auto parts stores can special order them?

Thanks in advance.

STS2002
01-24-07, 11:20 AM
Hi Big-Tex,

I went to www.cadillacpartsusa.com (http://www.cadillacpartsusa.com) to get mine. I got them for $17.40 each. Total with shipping was $41.80. I heard that if you go to the dealership, they can charge up to $30 per wiper! Hope this helps! :)

-Phil

don_mccarter
01-24-07, 11:28 AM
I would appear that the ones that came with my STS (Less than 6 months) are getting worse as the weather gets nice and throws more slop from the roads onto my windshield.

Does anyone know where we can buy replacement STS 2006 wiperblades? I know we just can't slap on the ones from the local auto parts store. But has anyone discovered how much GM charges for replacements, or if auto parts stores can special order them?

Thanks in advance.
My dealer replaced mine for free because I was under
12k miles.

ARTSBEST
01-24-07, 01:18 PM
I punched in windshield wiper blades and could NOT get anything in the search box of the Cadillac website posted here. How do you find these wiper blades there?

STS2002
01-24-07, 02:01 PM
Artsbest-

1st...search under body parts....choose what year you have and in the next box choose Cadillac and then hit search.

2nd...at the next screen choose STS

3rd....on the next screen choose windshield....it's close to the bottom of the list.

4th....choose wiper and washer components.

5th....choose wiper blade

And then you'll have options for both the left and right wiper.

Hope this helps.

Phil

STS2002
01-24-07, 02:05 PM
My dealer replaced mine for free because I was under
12k miles.

Don.....I wish i could have had them replaced for free. I'm at 20K right now, so I had to purchase them. I didn't know that the dealership would replace them for free if under 12K. :hmm:

rb92gt
01-24-07, 03:56 PM
All dealerships won't replace them for free. My local dealer wouldn't and it wasn't worth travelling to another dealer to try and get them for free. My local dealer has just the inserts for $12 each or the blades for $25 each. Does anyone know if you can easily change the insert? The entire blade is extremely easy to change... probably the easiest I have ever seen.

caddi2005sts
01-24-07, 05:00 PM
My dealer just replaced mine. I bought my 05 with 12000 miles on it (last month) and I have 13000 on it now. He told me the more they are in the sun the more often u have to repalce them... 20 bucks each in the future..... (not bad)

ARTSBEST
01-24-07, 08:27 PM
Thanks much for your detailed post STS2002.

uiwchris
02-08-07, 12:03 PM
The dealer charges $30.45 each. Grand total with tax was $65. I know now next time to get them like STS2002 recommended!

keithk
02-18-07, 12:35 PM
Has anyone tried The Tire Rack ? www.tirerack.com for these wiper blades ?

dkozloski
02-18-07, 04:22 PM
Try a cloth with alcohol on it along the blade several times. It can bring a smearing blade back to life.

AllWheelEric
02-19-07, 03:57 PM
I went to www.cadillacpartsusa.com (http://www.cadillacpartsusa.com) to get mine. I got them for $17.40 each. Total with shipping was $41.80. I heard that if you go to the dealership, they can charge up to $30 per wiper! Hope this helps! :)

-Phil

Thanks for the tip Phil. I ordered from them and received the blades very quickly. I threw in a couple air filters to hit $100 and got free shipping! I should have done this a year ago.