: I forgot what clean looked like

Bartlett_2
01-23-07, 11:35 PM
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i199/Bartlett_2/MyCadillac001.jpg

I figured since this board is finally kicking off, I'd post a pic from the last time my car was really clean. Lately with the weather, I wash it, and two hours later it looks bad. Right now it sits on the garage with a nice thick layer if salt on it.:crying:

Kadonny
01-24-07, 09:21 AM
Great pic!

I just had mine exterior detailed yesterday, they had to take out the swirl markes the dealer put in :banghead:

Looks great now, it will only last today though, just like you Bartlett, lots of salt on the roads right now.

Davidstan
01-24-07, 09:41 AM
Excellent. Man the black looks regal...my cts v color.

harryctsv
01-24-07, 10:03 AM
It looks great!!!!!!!

Hans

NC STS-V
01-24-07, 10:41 AM
Looks great!

This is my first black car and I've heard all the horror stories about keeping it clean. I did like the fact that the Platnium CTS-V looked good even when a little dirty, but when I saw the STS-V in black I couldn't imagine getting it in any other color!

We don't have the salt problems as much down here, but there is a ton of construction that when combined with rain puts a nice layer of mud/dirt all over the car!

Ron

Bartlett_2
01-24-07, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the compliments. I originally was thinking I'd go silver for the ease of cleaning, but the black just looked awesome, and I couldn't pass on it. Besides, Black IS faster.

Still love the look of the silver ones though.

Kadonny
01-24-07, 02:21 PM
Black IS faster.

:thumbsup: :rock:

MJDART
01-25-07, 01:50 PM
Black IS faster. But silver is slicker, seriously those black machines look great. Those are STS-V fog / drl's I installed on the CTS Sport.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/mjdart/Cadillac%20CTS%20Sport/100_1231.jpg

drivered
01-31-07, 01:11 PM
Hey Bartlett,
I live right up the road from you (Bloomingdale). I have been thinking (just a little) about trading for a STS-V. I would love to get together with you when it gets nice to compare the cars next to each other. I will have to wait until the the salt gets washed off if you want to. I live right off of Lake Street (and Medinah Rd). If you are interested let me know. Bryan

Bartlett_2
02-01-07, 12:00 AM
Drivered,
I drive through your neck of the woods every day. I'd be happy to meet up with you when this weather breaks up a bit. I've been racking up the miles a LOT these last few days going to customers, and I have to say this car still does it for me. If you are thinking about getting one, they can be had for a pretty good deal now.

drivered
02-01-07, 04:13 PM
Bartlett,
I have been giving it a little thought. It started when my coworker was looking for a regular STS and I saw the prices of the Vs. You are right about the price, but unfortunately the value on mine is probably going down at the same rate. I am not really sure what I want to do but with the new cts coming out I am thinking about getting rid of this one and wait until the new CTS-V is out. With the thought of the STS-V in between. Probably the best thing to do would be to keep mine and wait but the mind is always thinking of new plans when the car is put away. Either way you can always swing on by on your way home from work when it gets nice and we can check them out. Talk to you later, Bryan

Krug Ford
02-01-07, 09:50 PM
I know what you mean. In the summer I can wash my car everyday.. In the winter its tough...

NC STS-V
02-04-07, 05:09 PM
I am not really sure what I want to do but with the new cts coming out I am thinking about getting rid of this one and wait until the new CTS-V is out. With the thought of the STS-V in between.

This is exactly what I did. I had an '04 CTS-V coming off lease in May. I didn't want to buy out the CTS-V since I have to believe that with the introduction of the '08 CTS the current generation is going to take a big depreciation hit (especially once the new V is introduced).

GMAC has some great supported lease programs that even though the STS-V's sticker is $77k, I was able to keep my payment within $30 of what I was paying on the CTS-V. I figure I'll drive the STS-V for 3 years and by then the new CTS-V will be out.

I've only had the car two weeks now, but I couldn't be happier with the choice. Similar power with a much more refined feeling. Handling doesn't feel like it is anywhere near the CTS-V, but you get a better ride as a trade-off.

Anyway, good luck with it. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the STS-V if you decide to go that route!

Ron