: Dealer Installed Options

rand49er
01-23-07, 01:47 PM
Took my car to dealer today for dif leak ... they put a new pinion seal in. I took a stroll thru the showroom, and there was a gorgeous, light platinum '07 CTS-V. But, it looked different.

An additional sticker was on the window for three dealer installed options: Spoiler for $495, drilled rotors for $995, and chrome wheels for $2,995.

Car looked good ... really good. Anybody get any of these on their '07?

Kadonny
01-23-07, 01:57 PM
Hmmm. Drilled rotors are a Caddy option in the booklet, the chromies and spoiler are dealer specific. I bet it looked good, didn't it?

BadCad
01-23-07, 02:15 PM
gorgeous, light platinum '07 CTS-V. But, it looked different.
Pix would be nice :rolleyes:

rand49er
01-23-07, 02:30 PM
... Drilled rotors are a Caddy option in the booklet ...
Oh, didn't know that one. Car looked fabulous ... and I'm not the biggest fan of platinum, either.

Pix would be nice :rolleyes:
Yeah, I know, but didn't have my camera.

Oh, crap! I forgot all about my phone ... oh, well.

ZEUSROTTY
01-23-07, 02:35 PM
:postpics:
Oh, didn't know that one. Car looked fabulous ... and I'm not the biggest fan of platinum, either.

Yeah, I know, but didn't have my camera.

Oh, crap! I forgot all about my phone ... oh, well.

CIWS
01-23-07, 02:36 PM
This is what's shown on the site.

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/model/accessory.jsp?model=ctsv&year=2007

urbanski
01-23-07, 03:10 PM
chrome stockers are chrome stockers

MescalVto
01-23-07, 03:19 PM
"chromed wheels"?? were they the factory optional polished wheels or a set of chromed stockers?? I know Massey often does chromed stockers; price seems high for having the stockers dipped; OEM exchange on Ebay will do them for about $600 plus shipping. On the other hand I think they quoted me about 4K for the optional polished wheels.

Anyway while that all sounds tempting need to save for more "meaningful/purposeful" mods :stirpot: . . . i.e. exhaust, hotchkiss, maggie . . .

rand49er
01-23-07, 04:47 PM
... were they the factory optional polished wheels or a set of chromed stockers?? ... need to save for more "meaningful/purposeful" mods . . . maggie . . .Not chromed stockers, but the optional ones (polished? ... I guess that's right) that have been offered thru GM on an aftermarket basis before ... first time I've seen 'em in the flesh. Wow!

And, I hear ya re "more meaningful/purposeful mods." :thumbsup:

stivzuno
01-24-07, 12:10 PM
my 07 light platinum came with chromes ( not polished ) $2000 option ,a little high since you can get some awesome after market wheels for lot less but i have to say ,not because it's mine but it does look awesome! just a nice touch that makes the car stand out ! nice compliment to the grill and tail pipes!! mine had the dealer installed rear spoiler but i had it removed! did not care for the look! in my eyes it made the rear look very tall ! i just did not care for the look my friend thought that it looked great but hey it's a personal thing!! i think it was a $400 option. I would love to post some pics but i don't have any good ones at this time! since it's winter out there i have it stored for now ,i will take some pics in the spring when the sun comes out and will post them at that time .

i am also thinking about getting the cross drilled or slotted rotors for it and painting them before the install ! the rust bothers the heck out of me since it's the 1st thing you notice when you look at the wheels:bonkers: !! great job on the brakes though! nice touch with the silver paint and the V logo...