: Right Front Strut Is Leaking......

CTSV05
01-23-07, 02:15 PM
Has anyone else had this problem? Its a pretty severe leak, leaving puddles...lol.

Also, can I insist the dealer replace both front struts in the name of keeping equal wear characteristics, and safe driving as leverage?

rand49er
01-23-07, 02:38 PM
First time hearing 'bout it at least for me.

If you can wheezle two shocks out of this one from the dealer, then I'll be :shocked:.

wildwhl
01-23-07, 02:54 PM
It appears this problem is popping up in multiple places.

Mine - first cold snap (freeze) and the leak began. I have GC kit lowered about an inch.

Three other V owner's have contacted me in the last two weeks in regards to the same problem. 2 were lowered (one WW mod with the groove and one with Eibach) and one was stock ride height and springs, if I recall correctly.

Interesting...very interesting...

WW

Florian
01-23-07, 03:04 PM
Doug,

My front left blew also leaving puddles, and the dealer replaced both fronts under wty. No questions asked. (See you Sat.)

F

nikon
01-23-07, 03:22 PM
my front left went also, stock springs, ride height, etc. only hotchkis bars....I never saw a puddle, but heard a clunk, they just replaced the front left....not the right side...only 16k miles though...I still dont see a big deal in only replacing one.

wildwhl
01-23-07, 07:19 PM
So, is there a common thread (and no, I'm not pointing any fingers) but is it possible that everyone with the failure has the same mod?

Like:

Hots bars
GC kit
18 lb. lead foot adapter
I can turn left but not right

etc...

WW

Z06CTSV
01-23-07, 07:23 PM
Both of my front struts were replaced under warranty. Both were leaking.

Florian
01-23-07, 11:00 PM
So, is there a common thread (and no, I'm not pointing any fingers) but is it possible that everyone with the failure has the same mod?

Like:

Hots bars
GC kit
18 lb. lead foot adapter
I can turn left but not right

etc...

WW

Hots bars is only susp. mod here.

F

CTSV05
01-24-07, 03:38 AM
Ours is stone stock as far as the suspension.

Thanx all for the help, to nikon, Our car has over 35 k on it, and if one is new the other not could cause an imbalance.

Not to mention, if one went, how long on the other one?