: 1996 Brougham w/ Cloth does is still have heated seats?

RobDeville
01-23-07, 12:06 PM
I saw the car in the junkyard. It had really low miles....but had been picked almost clean. The backseat was still there and it was grey cloth. I wish I would have paid closer attention. Is the heated seat option deleted or is it still offered with cloth. I did find paperwork in the trunk on it. It was title to a Funeral home in North Carolina.... Wierd option choice. I love leather. Also when the cloth option is chosen does this add cloth anywhere else i.e. the door panels....or is it striclty the seats...how about the center concole?

Just curious...thanks!!

caddycruiser
01-23-07, 02:03 PM
Nope, as long as it's a Brougham, they all got heated front seats and power lumbar regardless of cloth or leather. And for all four years, '93-96. The only thing different from a typical leather seated Brougham is just the seat coverings and center armrest--all else, such as the doors, are identical to a leather car.

The heated cloth seated Broughams are very rare, but they certainly do exisit--I've always wanted to find one to try out the seats myself. The cloth was standard, and the leather optional, but expectedly, most were ordered and built with leather.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/Fleetwood%20Seating/broughamcloth.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/Fleetwood%20Seating/broughamcloth1.jpg

The same is true for '95-96 Buick Roadmaster Limited's, which also came with cloth standard and leather optional, and also had a separate heated seat option for both--the heated cloth, again, being the rare bird.

Benzilla
01-23-07, 03:07 PM
If I wasn't planning on finding one with black leather, I'd be hell bent on cloth. I just like it for a change. It's more interesting to the eye IMO, perfect shiny paint, open the door and see soft, fluffy velour. It's kinda like why I like cloth tops better than landaus. All about texture.

caddycruiser
01-23-07, 03:37 PM
If I wasn't planning on finding one with black leather, I'd be hell bent on cloth. I just like it for a change. It's more interesting to the eye IMO, perfect shiny paint, open the door and see soft, fluffy velour. It's kinda like why I like cloth tops better than landaus. All about texture.

I despise cloth tops, but given how we always prefer cloth in the latest new family vehicle for the added "comfiness", I'd very much like to try it out in a Fleetwood.

That bad part, however, is how cloth can get dingy and grimy over time in a way leather also can, but is much harder to clean--that's one issue. And it doesn't tend to wear as well in general either.

I actually haven't seen one of these cloth-seated Brougham models for a while now. Some base versions, yes, but not Broughams--yet there still has to be some out there.

Benzilla
01-23-07, 04:07 PM
watch what you say about cloth tops.

caddycruiser
01-23-07, 05:18 PM
watch what you say about cloth tops.

Different strokes for different folks. Now, back to the seats:thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-23-07, 08:08 PM
I think the 93-96 FWB is the only domestic car made in the '90s with heated cloth seats. I think it'd be real cool to try heated cloth out, I wonder if it would get hot like heated leather seats do, or would it feel different?

caddycruiser
01-23-07, 08:13 PM
I think the 93-96 FWB is the only domestic car made in the '90s with heated cloth seats. I think it'd be real cool to try heated cloth out, I wonder if it would get hot like heated leather seats do, or would it feel different?

Specifically something I've always wondered about--cloth seats, in general, get pretty warm anyway with body warmth (at least compared to leather), so I guess it's just like toasty cloth.

VW, Subaru, etc. have had it for years, but I too believe the Fleetwood was the, if not one of the, first domestics to have heated cloth, followed by the Roadmaster.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-24-07, 07:32 PM
I sat in a car today that had heated cloth? God what was it?? OH! It was an '06 Focus! I wasn't expecting that in there!

caddycruiser
01-24-07, 07:38 PM
I sat in a car today that had heated cloth? God what was it?? OH! It was an '06 Focus! I wasn't expecting that in there!

I wasn't aware that that was a current Focus option, but the heat/cloth combo has been coming out in a lot of current GM products, some Chryslers, and as before some of the imports.

Was it aftermarket installed, by chance? You can usually tell by the look & placement of the switches.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-24-07, 07:39 PM
That's what I was thinking too..it looked stock from the placement of the switches...on the center console, right behind the shifter. I thought it was odd too..

caddycruiser
01-24-07, 09:04 PM
Yeah, doesn't look like heated seats of any kind are available from Ford on the focus, so I'll say aftermarket.

And that said, I still want to try a set--though I still can't see how a heated cloth seat would really be that worthwhile, save for the first few seconds or so. But it's offered on a lot of cars, so it must be.

1990CaddyBrougham
01-25-07, 09:05 PM
I have encounterd a 95-97 Lincoln Town Car with heated Cloth. First, last, and onl yone i have seen. My 96 w 74k had heated leather, while my friends dads 97 wiht 42k has cloth. And Cloth so kicks ass over leather (in Mass anyways)
Thats why i got my Cadillac, it had the cloth. THough I scored a Delegace with cloth, so i swaped.