: Newb,

badpenny
01-23-07, 01:20 AM
This is my 83 Fleetwood Brougham, its my sons first car. It needs headgaskets. Hopefully I will do them this weekend.
http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/173696-2/seanscaddy43.JPG
Everybodies first car should be this big. And stylish.He is going in the military in may, hopefully while he is at bootcamp, I can replace the rear level ride suspension and dominate the mild rust it has on this side.
Other than that, I want to restore it back to its glory. Its just minor work really, some electrical wiring needs to be addressed, The wipers won't turn off, and need to be rewired to do so, and everything else electrical on the drivers side, is like an airplane. Up is down, down is up and so forth. But as I go through the car this weekend, I hope to be able to keep you guys abreast of what I find, and I hope to get some input from you as well.

I can't seem to get the hang of how to post pics.

90Brougham350
01-23-07, 01:10 PM
Welcome! This is the place to be for any questions you might have about this Fleetwood, it looks pretty nice!

pabstcadillac
01-23-07, 01:14 PM
Welcome & I hope you enjoy cruising around the site in your couch on wheels.

badpenny
02-06-07, 06:40 AM
I forgot to mention, this is actually the second one that I have owned, the first fleetwood Brougham, was an 87. Damn that dual metal engine.

blackcadmatt
02-07-07, 06:48 PM
Good-lookin' sled!

Your wiper problem is probably the switch, change that first. The pulse boards go bad too but they're more expensive and it's MUCH easier to replace the whole wiper motor. Trust me on this!

The level-ride can be remedied with aftermarket air shocks which are a bolt-in, but you have to change the line ends and splice with a 1/8 compression fitting. I just used a set of coil-overs on my '83 and pulled the plug on the compressor. The leveling switch is what failed on mine however.

Good luck and welcome from another newbie!

JRau
02-07-07, 07:48 PM
Welcome aboard the forums! It's a great site and everyone's willing to try to help you out. Best wishes with the repairs.

JRau in central Iowa