: If your thinking about a new cam install...

rgd
01-22-07, 11:31 PM
Now that my suspension is done it's time for an Engine re-build. I plan on going thru the whole thing, headers, cam, heads, intake, tbody, valves etc...etc...

Anyway, I started my research here, then did some LS1 tech reading etc. I finally decided to make some calls and found the following. Though I am sure there are plenty of other options including doing the work myself which I am not opposed though it would probably take 8x the time it should; this method seems like it will be the coolest way to go.

I called LG Motorsports and began asking questions about cam/header packages etc and found this out. If you buy all the necessary parts thru LG you can have their race team tear down and re-build your car in one day while at the track during a SCCA event. They meet you there with parts in hand so you don't bring anything but you, your car and, oh your wallet! They set you up with a pit pass you can watch the race, hang out with the team walk over and meet Andy Pilgrim etc... How cool will that be! I plan on having my car done in August during the Infineon race in Sonoma. The total bill should be around 7k or less. I compared the cost of parts to what I could buy them direct or indirect if you will same cost. They charge about 1k labor. From what I can tell that is reasonable.

They said with a mild(ish) cam they should be able to get around 490-500 rwhp.

Thought I would throw this out there so if anybody is interested they can check into it.

Thanks,

rgd

Florian
01-22-07, 11:36 PM
interesting concept...I think Id prefer someone to take their time and go over it with a fine toothed comb...which is what I did.

F

rgd
01-22-07, 11:43 PM
That is a very good point. I thought of that too but with their experience I would think they recognize any issues that might come up. But would they be able to fix them...

I welcome all feedback from those who are experienced. Based on posts, I definetly respect your thoughts Florain.

thanks~

Florian
01-22-07, 11:48 PM
That is a very good point. I thought of that too but with their experience I would think they recognize any issues that might come up. But would they be able to fix them...

I welcome all feedback from those who are experienced. Based on posts, I definetly respect your thoughts Florain.

thanks~

No question on the experience part of the equation, my only issue would be time, like if they were pressed for time to do the job, got started late, you were a late arrival, whatever....then Id be a bit more hesitant. Otherwise, jump on it, its a cool idea that has good support from a reputable team. BTW, I have a mild cam and Im only seeing a bit over 400RWHP, so take their claims with a grain of salt, and remember, dyno numbers can be manipulated.....

F

rgd
01-23-07, 12:03 AM
The guy I spoke to said the had done one recently and got 490 rwhp. Maybe it isn't quit a mild cam.