: Maryland V owners...

GOTTSPD
01-22-07, 04:49 PM
Howdy.

Just got my notice for emissions inspections (though it happens to be for other car). Have any of you that live in MD ever gotten through emissions with test pipes?

Just curious.........................

RunningOnEMT
01-22-07, 07:20 PM
yes... on my lightning i did... basically as long as you're not throwing emissions codes you'll be fine

the only thing i did on my truck was weld on the bottom half of the heatshield that went around the cats...just so if they did the mirror thing it would look like the cats there there.

(btw, its corey from the den)

Drift-caddy
01-22-07, 07:34 PM
NO probolem at all, Just roll up there and let them check for code, once it passes the test, your done.

GOTTSPD
01-22-07, 09:36 PM
Didn't mention... the car in question is a '92... Pre OBD2. What do you think they'll do?

RunningOnEMT
01-22-07, 09:41 PM
and you get the rollers!!!!

hmmmmm....try it...whats the worst that could happen, you fail? so you put some new mids in and do it again!

kanned
01-22-07, 09:50 PM
My cars have always been to low to get on the rollers... I've passed the smog test with high flow, and test pipes before. Like the poster above, as long as you don't have a check engine light on, and the car runs as normal you shouldn't have a problem.

Do you have anything around the testpipes? Like cutouts of stock cats? I've heard they can be fickly if they don't see a cat under your car..

Good luck..

GOTTSPD
01-22-07, 10:02 PM
Well, let's say for arguments sake that there were just test pipes, not hollowed cats (i.e., there's nothing around the test pipes, no heat shields, etc.) so if someone looked under the car they wouldn't see any cats... That's what I would, theoretically, be concerned about if my car happened not to have cats on it...

kanned
01-22-07, 10:44 PM
I'd really put a housing around the test pipes, or put in the stock cats then if I were you. Better safe than sorry...