: computers in rt. rear qtr panel

bacnberger
01-22-07, 03:02 PM
I'm looking for info on what computers are located in the rt rear qtr panel area and if any of them would prevent the car from starting. I have an 04 v8 srx fully loaded and some of the wiring to these computers was damaged. The car has also been sitting unused for almost a year and will not start when jumper cables are connected and the key turned. Any info you can provide on getting it running would be helpfull. Thanks

ewill3rd
01-23-07, 08:40 AM
The modules located in the right rear corner of the body are the VCIM, or OnStar module, and the XM radio receiver if or DRR, if you have U2K as an option.
They should not prevent the vehicle from starting unless the wires are shorted, then it could affect the data bus and the computers might not be able to communicate.
Does the engine crank? Is the security light flashing?
If the engine is turning over then you may have an issue with fuel supply or possibly a base engine mechanical problem.

King3244
01-23-07, 09:05 PM
Go to Edmond.com and search the TSB's. There is a couple in there about no start after sitting idle.

FarEast
01-23-07, 09:25 PM
One of those modules is a so called RIM (Rear Integration Module). It is a part of alarm system and is responsible for monitoring doors and in case of forced entry it sends a command to DIM (Dash Integration Module) to set off horn and lights.

Describe the damage please. Is it just wiring or damaged modules too?

bacnberger
01-23-07, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the replies, the info really helped to figure out my problem

ewill3rd
01-24-07, 07:00 AM
So is it running?

bacnberger
01-25-07, 12:03 AM
Its running now. The srx was a theft recovery and I would guess the wires where cut for these modules to disable the onstar's ablility to provide the trucks location.