: 07 Oil Change Intervals

sj1400
01-22-07, 01:33 PM
Interesting thread on the C6 Corvette forum. The claim is most people change there oil too soon.

Are you all changing the oil according to the DIC % or using your own interval of 3k or 5k, etc ?
I realize the Vette has 100% synthetic while the Caddy dealers are using regular dino oil. For the 2 oil changes I had done the dealer sticker has 3000 miles on the windshield.

hcvone
01-22-07, 02:19 PM
I have for the past 25 years used synthetic oils in all my cars/trucks, I change the oil at 5k miles, the first chage at 1k miles. I know the synthetic oils I use can go 25k miles, but I change my own oil, so it only costs me the oil and filter. I have owned 11 Corvette's, I changed that oil every 5k or one year, so I was changing the oil many times with 1k or 2k miles on it, yes a waste for sure.

MRANT212
01-23-07, 08:54 AM
I have never done this before but I actually waited till the oil change light came on at 7000 miles. truck is going in for service this Tuesday. I will do my usual every3k from now on...Thought about synthetic but decided against it

Anthony

Falkolade
01-23-07, 12:47 PM
i have never changed the oil until the light comes on in any of my cars... hcvone is like my dad... however i have never had a problem doing this!!! so whatever makes you sleep at night!

hcvone
01-23-07, 01:13 PM
i have never changed the oil until the light comes on in any of my cars... hcvone is like my dad... however i have never had a problem doing this!!! so whatever makes you sleep at night!

Ok son. :crying2: :crying2:

Falkolade
01-23-07, 06:43 PM
Ok son. :crying2: :crying2:

HAHA... I re-read my post, and i think i posted it incorrectly. All i meant was that your view on car maintence coincide with my dads. In the line of oil changes, zanio wax etc.

hcvone
01-24-07, 08:20 AM
HAHA... I re-read my post, and i think i posted it incorrectly. All i meant was that your view on car maintence coincide with my dads. In the line of oil changes, zanio wax etc.

That is the way I took your post, believe me I know I over maintain everything I own, but I have too, I think nothing of jumping in my car or truck and driving from my home in Pa to my home in Montana, or in upstate NY, don't want any trouble along the way. I do my own work so it's just my time, which I seem to have a lot of, and I sell most of the products anyway. :)