: Model year differences

Davidstan
01-22-07, 11:21 AM
Any adjustments from the 06 to the 07 model?

CTS V had some major adjustments from year to year so i am assuming there were some changes but the dealer dummyed up on me when i asked him.
:hmm:

Kadonny
01-22-07, 02:29 PM
David, from what I am aware of, nothing was changed at all.

The CTS-V was changed because of the LS6 to LS2 conversion in 06 mostly.

CadV
01-22-07, 02:52 PM
David, from what I am aware of, nothing was changed at all.

The CTS-V was changed because of the LS6 to LS2 conversion in 06 mostly.

Dealer said the same thing to me. Nothing was changed at all.

Davidstan
01-22-07, 03:33 PM
I was shocked when i got under the car to check the diff for a leak and it was dry as a bone!!! Wonder what they did different...looks like the same diff. I'm jacking my own thread.

Kadonny
01-22-07, 05:02 PM
*continues thread jack*

Well, I'm still holding my breath on the diff, it could leak at any time. But there is really a huge difference with the automatic trans and the torque converter.

ewill3rd
01-22-07, 08:40 PM
I think the only change I know of is the 10th digit of the VIN changed from a 6 to a 7. ;)

I haven't heard of any changes, although I think there are some subtle ones under the hood.
They usually refine a few things here and there at the plant from year to year but like I said, I don't know of any specific changes.

ssstealth
01-23-07, 10:42 AM
I seem to recall seeing something about the headlight levelers being eliminated. Does seem kind of silly if the rear has self levelling shocks.

Bartlett_2
01-24-07, 01:53 PM
I think I saw on the Cadillac website, you can get the roof delete as an option which wasn't available in 06. But that's about it. Oh, and a new grey color for 07.

ewill3rd
01-24-07, 03:40 PM
Again, I am not sure but I think headlight levelers are an export option.
The only auto adjustment I know of is a horizontal adjustment that turns the lights left and right at higher speeds. I have only seen a couple cars with that feature and they were both XLRs.
I haven't studied up on these features though so I could be way off.
At least the horizontal adjusting headlights are the only ones I am trained on.

Davidstan
01-24-07, 04:08 PM
Again, I am not sure but I think headlight levelers are an export option.
The only auto adjustment I know of is a horizontal adjustment that turns the lights left and right at higher speeds. I have only seen a couple cars with that feature and they were both XLRs.
I haven't studied up on these features though so I could be way off.
At least the horizontal adjusting headlights are the only ones I am trained on.

Thx Ewill...we appreciate as always your expertise on our cars.

ewill3rd
01-24-07, 06:45 PM
This is listed in the manual for STS:

Automatic Headlamp Leveling - Export Only
The Automatic Headlamp Leveling systems consist of the following components:

• Headlamp leveling module

• Headlamp leveling actuator - left

• Headlamp leveling actuator - right

• Suspension position sensor - LF

• Suspension position sensor - LR

The automatic headlamp leveling system automatically maintains the vertical alignment of the headlamps when the vehicle load and driving conditions change. The headlamp leveling module receives inputs from the front and rear suspension position sensors to determine vehicle pitch. The suspension position sensors send an output to the headlamp leveling module as the vehicle suspension compresses and rebounds. The headlamp leveling module calculates the difference in vehicle pitch and sends a command to the headlamp leveling actuators. The headlamp leveling actuators drive the headlamps to the position commanded by the headlamp leveling module. The headlamp leveling system also monitors the performance of the high intensity discharge (HID) bulb and ballast. When the headlamp switch is placed in the ON position the headlamps will go down, and then back up to the center position.

ewill3rd
01-24-07, 06:47 PM
This is the feature I was talking about on XLR, I have only seen this on that car and not on many of them.
It's funny if the car has it because it initializes when you start it and the lights wiggle one way and then the other.

Adaptive Forward Lighting System (AFS)
The AFS consist of the following components:

• Headlamp control module

• Headlamp actuator - left

• Headlamp actuator - right

Battery positive voltage is applied to the headlamp control module at all times and when the ignition switch is in the RUN and CRANK positions. The headlamp control module has an operational voltage range of about 10.5-16 volts and is only fully functional when the ignition switch is in the RUN position. The voltage input from the ignition switch wakes the headlamp control module microprocessor. The headlamp control module receives serial data messages via GMLAN from the engine control module (ECM), transmission control module (TCM), electronic brake control module (EBCM), and body control module (BCM) with regards to power mode, speed, steering angle, transmission gear selection, and headlamp switch status. The headlamp control module calculates the headlamp angle and sends commands to the left and right headlamp actuators. The headlamp actuators drive the headlamps to the position commanded by the headlamp control module. The headlamp control module monitors the headlamp actuator motor control circuits for proper circuit continuity and for shorts to ground or voltage. If a malfunction is detected, a DTC will be stored in memory and the driver will be notified with a message displayed over the driver information center (DIC) located on the instrument panel cluster (IPC).

The headlamp control module controls the left headlamp movement by 15 degrees to the left and 5 degrees to the right, and the right headlamp movement by 5 degrees to the left and 15 degrees to the right. The direction the headlamps move is controlled by the steering wheel angle and is limited by steering angles of approximately +/- 90 degrees. The AFS will not operate with the transmission in reverse or at vehicle speeds less than 2 mph. Movement of the headlamps is restricted at low vehicle speeds and full movement of the lamps is not allowed until vehicle speed is greater than approximately 30 mph. The following conditions must be met before the AFS will operate:

• Headlamp switch in the AUTO position and high or low beam headlamps must be active

• Steering angle position must be received from the EBCM with the steering signal validity bit set

• Vehicle speed must be received from the ECM with the steering signal validity bit set

• Transmission gear position must be received from the TCM with the transmission gear position validity bit set