: Do's and Don't?

CHP N-V
01-22-07, 02:44 AM
Can some one help me out... Looking for the Do's and don't for this forum... Kinda new or at least just now registering. And the new comers forum was just a bunch of odd people with odd statements. Or at least the link i got from signing up. Just don't want to step on any toes, and want to know how everything works? thanks guys look forward to get to know some of you.

heavymetals
01-22-07, 02:47 AM
If you have a V or want one, you came to the right place.

Just use common sense and don't piss off the moderators.

Check out the FAQ's and use the search feature before you create a new thread.

Link: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/

CHP N-V
01-22-07, 03:12 AM
Yea well I figured that, I just i was talking to this guy at my dealership about chat site on the V. And he told me not to go to this site. To stay away.. That he got ran off this site for asking a question. Told me to go to vseries.net But what do I do, I check this place out anyways. 10x better than the other site... This Kid was ranting and raving about urbanskies... I think another site he didn't like but couldn't find that one. But so far this site has alot of members, which means alot of resources. I just don't want to have that bad experences he did... you know what I mean...

urbanski
01-22-07, 06:53 AM
This Kid was ranting and raving about urbanskies....

yes urbanskies are very very evil things :urb:

RightTurn
01-22-07, 07:29 AM
yes urbanskies are very very evil things :urb:

:suspect: So we hear...

:histeric:

Kadonny
01-22-07, 07:51 AM
No, not the urbanskies!!!!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Never mention that name ever again!

Just kidding. Urbanskie is great, just respect the rules and you won't have a problem. Welcome.

svassh
01-22-07, 10:01 AM
Hasn't this thread been locked yet?

I'm considering 22" rims on my V with Lambo doors.

Lord Cadillac
01-22-07, 10:18 AM
Hi there. Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up.. I don't mean to be nasty, but the guy you spoke with who told you not to come here? He's an idiot. There's no better place for discussion in regards to Cadillac than here. If he was booted off the forum, it was for a good reason.

To answer your question, there's a link in the blue navigation bar up top named "Terms of Service". Those are our "rules". Yes, unfortunately, we must have rules. But, you'll find this to be a very organized community with a GREAT many level-headed, intellegent and simply very friendly people. Throughout your stay you may find a couple of bad apples - but who doesn't have a bad day every now and then?

Please don't forget about our "search" option. It's also in the blue navigation bar up top. We have nearly 1,000,000 posted messages here. There's a tremendous wealth of information for you to read. Try finding even 10% of this elsewhere on the net and you'll be searching forever...

Anyway.. Here's a quick link to our Terms of Service:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/agreement.html

And again... Welcome aboard! I'm glad you found us...

Can some one help me out... Looking for the Do's and don't for this forum... Kinda new or at least just now registering. And the new comers forum was just a bunch of odd people with odd statements. Or at least the link i got from signing up. Just don't want to step on any toes, and want to know how everything works? thanks guys look forward to get to know some of you.

urbanski
01-22-07, 10:21 AM
Hasn't this thread been locked yet?

I'm considering 22" rims on my V with Lambo doors.

i actually once asked if i should keep those threads alive....testing it by not locking one. i got complaints that i didnt lock it.
so....whats that saying? damned if you do....

CIWS
01-22-07, 10:34 AM
Greetings and :welcome: to THE Cadillac forum. :)

Since it appears you are a V owner, this is the direct forum area for the CTS-V. There is a lot of good information here in the threads about the car and the different experiences of it's owners. Don't worry about seeing a lot of complaints here. Most places like this get a lot more stuff posted about issues and problems than folks simply wanting to post a thread saying "my car is great, no problems" that's normal. If there's a specific thing you want to know about try the forum's search feature first and see if it's already been posted. Chances are it has multiple times. But you can always post a thread asking questions or relating your own experiences and pics of your car. :)
Also there is another site run by one of the members here, The Cadillac FAQ site that has a wealth of info about our cars specifically (The V) it's located here.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com

The place you probably went to first is the area of the forum called The Lounge. It's for new members to say hello and to discuss almost anything other than Cadillac or the V. It's a good place, but if you're looking for V specific info, this is the correct area. :yup: Once again welcome.

Dreamin
01-22-07, 01:12 PM
http://www.ancestry.com/learn/facts/Fact.aspx?fid=7&yr=1920&ln=Urbanskies

50 4Ever
01-22-07, 01:41 PM

Welcome to the forum. I really enjoy this place, there's always a bunch of people signed on and if you have a question that hasn't been asked before you get a response real quick.

What part of Northern Cal are you from?

:thumbsup:

CHP N-V
01-22-07, 04:47 PM
What are you talking about Svassh... 22's lambo doors? what does that have to do with anything???

50 4Ever
01-22-07, 05:55 PM
What are you talking about Svassh... 22's lambo doors? what does that have to do with anything???

It is a reference to an Urbanski at the end of this thread (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/96367-cts-v-22-wheels.html)

urbanski
01-22-07, 06:13 PM
guys tell me
has ANYthing good come from a lambo or 22 thread?
oh....audi threads are fun as hell....but really now...

urbanski
01-22-07, 06:13 PM
maybe i should make the toysnot thread the official lambo/22 thread?

The Tony Show
01-23-07, 08:01 AM
DO:

-Ask questions if you need something.
-Use the search feature
-Mod the hell out of your car

DON'T:

-Put lambo doors on your car
-Put wheels bigger than 18's on your car
-Start a thread about wheel hop, short shifters, Skip shift eliminators or which mod to do first.
-Try to stand up in a canoe

Welcome, and have fun!

ctsvflorida
01-23-07, 08:19 AM
DO:

-Ask questions if you need something.
-Use the search feature
-Mod the hell out of your car

DON'T:

-Put lambo doors on your car
-Put wheels bigger than 18's on your car
-Start a thread about wheel hop, short shifters, Skip shift eliminators or which mod to do first.
-Try to stand up in a canoe

Welcome, and have fun!

One more thing...at times don't take any of us seriously...especially me! Although mostly, you will learn a lot and will get real answers! Welcome aboard.