: Corsa or Borla????

LStasy003
01-22-07, 12:07 AM
Im in the market to put a new exhaust system in my 06 V8 STS. I've heard good things about the Corsa exhaust from everyone here. I've heard some sound clips on the internet and from those sound clips the Borla has a lot better sound. I just don't want a cheap sounding exhaust and would like to hear from you guys and your input. thanks

First Class Motoring
01-22-07, 12:39 AM
i have a set of borla's for sell.let me know. yesso@sbcglobal.net or 818-535-0015

Cajonkev
01-22-07, 02:07 PM
I can only give you a one-sided opinion based on my set-up.

First, although I am glad that CORSA has finally put some sound clips up on their site, they do not do justice to the true sound of their system.

I have played them on both a standard set of desktop speakers and on my Harman/Kardon 5.1 studio system with twin 8" subs and neither can re-produce the low-end freqs which are lost in the recording/compression process.

That said; Corsa's system is very well made and the sound is great from idle all the way through top end.

Borla's may be fine as well but having not seen their specs for the baffles, nor having heard them live I can't really comment making this very one-sided as I said.

I will note that for appearance Corsa uses round cans versus the ovals from Borla which will give a slightly different perspective when viewing from the rear. I personally like that Corsa's system is more visible and adds a little "beefiness" to the appearance. Many I am sure would prefer the lower profile of the more recessed Borsa's.

Retail wise I believe Corsa is significantly less to purchase although YMMV with a very competitive market.

There personally is nothing more I am looking for nor feel is missing from my set-up in performance or sound...

Langweer2
01-25-07, 08:46 PM
I have a Corsa system on my 99 Corvette. I really like it! It sounds great at idle and when you tromp on it, yet the sound isn't overpowering at highway speeds. While many people swear by Borlas, I know of some people who got rid of theirs because Borlas were just too loud once cruising at highway speed.

97greendeville
01-27-07, 10:53 PM
It says northstar v8 on corsa site. These packages won't work with the v6??? I would think they would have one right?
Buck

Cajonkev
01-28-07, 03:54 PM
It says northstar v8 on corsa site. These packages won't work with the v6??? I would think they would have one right?
Buck

Although the major components may be the same or mostly so, the pipe cuts would vary based on the engine size assuming how GM placed them.

Corsa made sure to state which engine their system was for so there is certainly a reason behind that or they would easily sell more of them to the V-6 crowd.

Give em a call, they have always responded when i have called or sent an e-mail.

And please let us know what you figure out!

Best wishes...

97greendeville
01-28-07, 07:28 PM
Okay, I sent them an email (corsa), maybe I will have to buy a custom fab for the y pipe and headers?? if that is different than the v8.
Buck

Cajonkev
01-28-07, 07:33 PM
Good Luck, I am sure there are many who would be interested in how it works out!

ibeebugz012
02-15-07, 11:04 AM
i have borla's and would say they sound great... no nasty honda civic sound...as for borla i am unsure...

Davidstan
02-22-07, 07:46 PM
i have borla's and would say they sound great... no nasty honda civic sound...as for borla i am unsure...

Say again?

Benjamin Simon
02-22-07, 08:47 PM
Yea, when I read that I was like WTF, but I did not want to say anything because I often do not make sense when I post.