: fleetwood/brougham prices

soxx35
01-21-07, 03:25 PM
Quick question why is the book value for these cars so much lower for what every one is asking. Seems like everyone is over pricing them.

Destroyer
01-21-07, 04:52 PM
The overall condition of these cars dictates the price not the "book value". If you have a well used vechicle in average condition then its probably worth "book value". If on the other hand the car has really low or substantially below average miles and is in impeccable condition it would command a higher retail price which is more than the book value would show.

codewize
01-22-07, 09:07 AM
The book value is a generalized book for public reference. Remember that everything is worth what someone will pay for it. The Broughams of this vintage are very desirable so people are willing to pay for them.

In very clean condition and / or very low mileage they will bring a good price. I think over the next 5 - 10 years that number is going to increase dramatically.

It wouldn't surprize me one bit if 10 years form now a very clean 95 Brougham could bring $25k or more. I think you'll start seeing the same generation SS Impalas go the same way.

caddycruiser
01-22-07, 10:52 AM
The book value is a generalized book for public reference. Remember that everything is worth what someone will pay for it. The Broughams of this vintage are very desirable so people are willing to pay for them.

In very clean condition and / or very low mileage they will bring a good price. I think over the next 5 - 10 years that number is going to increase dramatically.

It wouldn't surprize me one bit if 10 years form now a very clean 95 Brougham could bring $25k or more. I think you'll start seeing the same generation SS Impalas go the same way.

Agreed. Out of any car we've owned, we've now had the '93 Fleetwood 3.5 years and my '95 1 year, and in that time, even the book values have NOT dropped that much at all.

Not that I could get top dollar for either, but as they become rarer and rarer or at least harder to find in nice shape, people are going to be selling them for more and getting it I presume. We'll see.