: What strip prep would you do to a stock V?

HiTechRV
01-21-07, 11:14 AM
If you were going to run a stock V at the strip with no permanent bolt ons, but you could do some race day prep you'd have to undo, what would you do to get the edge?

Tire psi?
Chain down the suspension?
Temporary weight reduction? (can't really take out the spare and jack!)
Other tricks?

keeksv
01-21-07, 11:29 AM
Of your list, the tire PSI is about the only thing that might help. Weight reduction is fine, but take some weight out of the rear end of this car and hop, hop hop. Chaining the suspension is likely to make your diff or halfshafts break.

The only strip prep that will help is to take the car somewhere safe and practice launching by feathering the clutch and figuring when to hit the throttle.

Make sure you post your timeslips.

Good luck

heavymetals
01-21-07, 02:01 PM
Make sure you know someone with a flatbed.:histeric:

04CTSVFLA
01-21-07, 03:04 PM
If anything.....I think ADDing a few pounds (50-100) in the trunk would help allow the car to stick better to the ground and minimize wheel hop.....is this NOT TRUE?

spdracer77
01-21-07, 03:12 PM
There's not much you could do with the stock V. The main thing reduce the tire pressure, try not to launch so hard at first, as soon as the car gets rolling just slam on the pedal and shift your best.

BowenCT
01-21-07, 03:22 PM
Drop $2k on one of these and run worry-free all day long.........

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/carshowimages/newpictu8124715.jpg

HiTechRV
01-21-07, 03:41 PM
No strips are even open here yet. Come on, spring! I was tempted to compare g-tech readings with various pressures and weight in back, If I can even find my g-tech.

heavypedal
01-22-07, 12:28 PM
If you were going to run a stock V at the strip with no permanent bolt ons, but you could do some race day prep you'd have to undo, what would you do to get the edge?

Get a row of hot topless girls to jump up and down on your opponent's side of the track. You'll win for sure (you just have to focus on the track). :D

heavypedal
01-22-07, 12:33 PM
Okay...seriously. Out of what you mentioned, I'd just repeat what was above. Lower tire pressure to about 24 psi and practice launching that keeps the RPMs up and wheel hop/spin down. You could throw out the seats for weight reduction, but I'd only do that if I could not run better than a 12.01 and wanted to break into the 11 second club.

T

04CTSVFLA
01-22-07, 08:11 PM
the rear seats way maybe 40 pounds....or so it seemed