: My sunroof is acting up on me..dunno what to think of it.

nikon
01-20-07, 10:03 PM
Well, basically if I leave my sunroof vented for an extended amount of time, well even 20 minutes or so, when I go to close it and just move the knob back to closed position nothing happens, I can move it past closed, then back to closed and will respond....well heres the weird part, If I put the switch to the closed position from the vented position and nothing happens I noticed the other day that the second I operate a window, even for a split second, the sunroof comes to life....is the sunroof and windows running of the class II or something?? It's really got me stumped..and I'm hesitant to bring it by the dealer because I have two things that are hooked into the class II line..the ipod kit, and the beta BT interface...but this sunroof problem happened before the bt interface...and I can't recall if it did it before the ipod kit or not.....and input or thoughts would be appreciated.

nikon
01-21-07, 01:51 PM
TTT, anyone have similiar issues like I do???

RunningOnEMT
01-21-07, 01:54 PM
its happened a couple times to me ... completely stock 05 V

i'm not too worried about it ...

starfox86
01-21-07, 02:32 PM
happens to me all the time, i dont really think anything of it. I jus move the knob till its in the right spot. should we do something about it?

HiTechRV
01-21-07, 03:57 PM
Bad switch maybe?

nikon
01-21-07, 05:29 PM
Bad switch maybe?

I dont think so, and I only say that because that would have nothing to do with pushing a window button and having it magically come to life...so it must know what position the switch is in...it's almost like the computer is in sleep mode, and the sunroof is at the end of list of things to do....and electronics gurus wanna step in???

HiTechRV
01-21-07, 07:16 PM
Bad ground then? It could be some software glitch, but a bad ground can cause gremlin like operation.

Falkolade
01-21-07, 07:22 PM
the motor on my sunroof burned out at like 51,000 miles... the dealer quoted me 700 to replace the motor... needless to say my sunroof is stuck on closed for the rest of its life, i now have 67,000 miles on it... soon as the 100k warranty i purchased expires so does the v's life... so hopefully there's a new one soon... love the 08!!!

stkshkr
01-21-07, 07:36 PM
If you have the CPO 100,000 warranty it should be covered

Falkolade
01-21-07, 07:42 PM
If you have the CPO 100,000 warranty it should be covered

i bought the v brand new... its not the cpo warranty... i bought one from the dealer, but i bought the one that only covers the engine and mechanical aspects of the car... it doesn't cover the "creature comforts"... i looked into this at great deal, and tried very very hard to get them to cover this.

v-ape
01-22-07, 09:16 AM
Bad switch, I'm on my 2nd. Happening to me again, soon to be on my 3rd. I think its a poor design.

I believe there is a method in which it is programmed (open/close/tilt), but I dont know how to do it. They tried it on my last one and ended up just giving me a new switch.

For the time being, you can always push the switch up (physically) to close the sun/moonroof.

nikon
01-22-07, 09:39 AM
Bad switch, I'm on my 2nd. Happening to me again, soon to be on my 3rd. I think its a poor design.

I believe there is a method in which it is programmed (open/close/tilt), but I dont know how to do it. They tried it on my last one and ended up just giving me a new switch.

For the time being, you can always push the switch up (physically) to close the sun/moonroof.

thanks, I gotta bring it by anyways for my broken arm rest, Ill have em look at it then.

OldRoadDawg
01-22-07, 10:33 AM
I believe there is a method in which it is programmed (open/close/tilt), but I dont know how to do it.
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/sunroofreprogram.html

nikon
01-22-07, 10:35 AM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/sunroofreprogram.html

ya, I tried that already...just another trip to the dealer....man, I can't wait to see the specs on the IS-F :yup: