Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  I_Finally_Have_A_Cad 
#1 ·
just got my dads 1997 deville (He just bought a leftover 06' sts) I joined lookin for some mods for the engine and some other market parts. I have a custom air intake on the way with a k&n filter cone on the way. I am currently looking for a new grille, because ours got cracked and a piece fell off because it he hit a deer. I am also looking for some tips for this year/model car and maybe some nice mods ...esp. engine
thanks
matt

#2 ·
There are no mods. The factory did it all for you. The engine already puts out 1 HP per C.I.D. Nothing to sneeze at. That K & N is a waste of money and will likely do more harm than good. It has been discussed many times before. Do a search and read up.

#3 ·
I love it, this poor kid comes in thinking he is going to modify his new caddy and finds out the money he already spent was a waste.

Listen to ranger; this engine needs nothing but oil and a heavy foot attched to the end of the throttle cable. Save you money and only put in a good paper filter.

Edit

I forgot to ask how many miles you have on it.

#4 ·
I love it, this poor kid comes in thinking he is going to modify his new caddy and finds out the money he already spent was a waste.

Listen to ranger; this engine needs nothing but oil and a heavy foot attched to the end of the throttle cable. Save you money and only put in a good paper filter.

Edit

I forgot to ask how many miles you have on it.
You forgot to mention the car needs a Radar Detector too :)

#6 · (Edited)
Yea, thanks for making me feel like a fool, and I am not stupid with cars, but im not real familiar with the n* ..The cars a 97 with 200k miles runs fantastic......"nothin to sneeze at" as u guys might say..but its fine for me...I got the intake cheap from my cousin......what im really after is a new grille and im gettin the body straightened out. After that I'm going to get a 2000+ deville/dts or eldorado.....Anyways You guys haven't shown me any respect, even though I have been readin these forums for a while (didnt join).

I sure hope this isn't my last time posting on this forum

#8 ·
Hey man relax. If you really were a long time lurker, you would probably already know the answer to your questions. I wasn't poking fun at you , but rather your situation. EVERYONE new here thinks there are many things you can do with the northstar, but that really isn't the case.

I don't think anyone here would raise their nose to your car. I have a '98 with 80 somthink thousand and plan on putting another 200k on her. Since you are lucky enough to know the history of the car, you will know when the trans fluid and spark plugs were done. Chances are they may need it since the service interval is 100k. Watch out though it's going to cost $150.

Now about the grill, you can easliy get one from ebay or a junkyard. Alternatively, you can get an aftermarket one. There are many many external mods available for the deville. I personally don't like many of them, but to each their own.

#10 ·
Welcome to the forums. No one is trying to bash you or make you feel stupid. They are correct though that there's not much you can do to the N* and most of the so called upgrade decrease HP, like the K&N filter.

The induction system on these things is very well engineered and shouldn't be altered. Maybe a CAI and exhaust but that's about it.

Unless you want to get big time into trick and tune stuff (ie heads, cams, etc.) you're wasting your money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.