: New '06 SRX - What to Expect?

dcarr66
01-20-07, 08:03 PM
I bought a new 2006 SRX at the end of December, and so far things have been mostly good. I say mostly because I had a problem with the sunroof shortly after I picked the car up. I've seen a few posts on this board about this problem, so it sounds like a common problem. Fortunately the dealership took care of it quickly and efficiently, so I'm happy.

What else can I expect from this car, good or bad?

Also, is there a way to pull engine codes on this beast? I'm hoping not to see the CEL, but it's probably inevitable. On my previous car (a '99 Intrepid) there was a way to display the codes in the odometer display. I'm hoping there's a similar trick for this car.

Dave

robhersch
01-20-07, 09:25 PM
My 2005 SRX N*V8 RWD UltraView Trailering: I took delivery 2 years ago last Friday and I have not experienced any of the SRX problems complained about in these forums - except (1) the "random" CD changer shuffling and DIC reset, which was promptly corrected by my dealer by replacing the "radio", and (2) the "reflash" to reduce AWD differential noise, which I declined to allow - but I still review comments "just-in-case".
I ordered my SRX after head-to-head driving/ evaluating the of the V6-V6 and V8-V8 competition; I still believe I made the correct choice!!
I do not know of any easy way to readout; suggest getting a "ScanGuage"

c5 rv
01-20-07, 09:47 PM
If you get a check engine light, just hit the onstar button and they can read it most all the time.

chiefmjk
01-21-07, 05:07 PM
I've just turned 18,000 miles on my 06 AWD with out a single problem. :) :)

dcarr66
01-21-07, 06:21 PM
I've just turned 18,000 miles on my 06 AWD with out a single problem. :) :)

Knock on wood, I hope I have the same luck!!

GMJim
01-24-07, 12:54 PM
You can expect not to get your britches soiled when you get out due to the smaller rocker panel in 06.

Smokin' SRX
01-25-07, 05:32 PM
You'll love the rig!!! Remember that this is a forum, so by it's nature, most posting are problems or complaints!
To understand, just sit at the local Lexus dealership's waiting area (but close to the Service Desk area!) and you'll hear stuff that never made it to Consumer's Report!!!
Best of luck! :thumbsup:

dcarr66
01-25-07, 09:37 PM
You'll love the rig!!! Remember that this is a forum, so by it's nature, most posting are problems or complaints!
To understand, just sit at the local Lexus dealership's waiting area (but close to the Service Desk area!) and you'll hear stuff that never made it to Consumer's Report!!!
Best of luck! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I used to frequent the Dodge Intrepid forum a lot so I know the drill! I learned a ton about my car on that forum and saved a lot of money (spent some too ;)

So far this one looks pretty good!!:thumbsup:

billjesnen
01-27-07, 01:44 PM
I took delivery 8 days ago of a "new" 06 with a little over 1K miles on it. Lindsay Cadillac delivered it with the sunroof refusing to close automatically (got it fixed after two days in the shop), the back windshield washer inoperable (they failed to fix that despite it being part of the list so I have to take it back) and a recall that they had to fix (software upgrade?). Hope this is it for the delivery related issues. Not good for the customer to be the quality control person. Was not my experience when buying at least two other cars from the same dealership, or two Saturns for my sons at the related dealership. If I was not a GM loyalist... One never gets a second chance to make a good first impression, and to turn the Lexus, Acura, and other crowd into long term customers, they have to step that end up.

Am wondering about changing the oil (it was an "early" '06 with the old price sticker and then the reduced price sticker) and possibly using Mobil 1. I normally changed oil in my other N* vehicles every 5K miles using normal oil, but perhaps Mobil 1 to start would be a good choice.

robhersch
01-27-07, 02:21 PM
I took delivery 8 days ago of a "new" 06 with a little over 1K miles on it.
Am wondering about changing the oil (it was an "early" '06 with the old price sticker and then the reduced price sticker) and possibly using Mobil 1. I normally changed oil in my other N* vehicles every 5K miles using normal oil, but perhaps Mobil 1 to start would be a good choice.

Note that Cad-GM recommends Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w-30 for N*V8 with VVT; recommended older N*V8 (w/o VVT) only (not synthetic) 10w-30. Suggest that just maybe the full synthetic maintains correct lubrication for the VVT features. Other topics on this forum discuss alternate lubs, but none suggest regular oils.

billjesnen
01-27-07, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the tip on the Mobil 1 grade! I think that is exactly the same that my wife's ML320 uses, and we use 10K mile target for her servicing.

Very interesting ride compared to the Seville. sportier/tighter handling than the old SLS. Also thirstier. Averaged 14.2 mpg on the first tank. Hopefully my normal driving pattern (80% highway) will produce a bit better mileage. I averaged 23-24 with the SLS. Love XM! Going to be tough decision in 3 months when the free subscription is up.