: Heated Washer Fluid

bigdog9586
01-20-07, 07:00 PM
I have the STS V6 Lux package with heated/cooled seats. On any other GM car with the heated/cooled seats it either comes with or requires you to pay $100+ for heated washer fluid. I can't find anywhere if mine has heated washer fluid (I don't think it does) on it. No where on the sticker does it list it. Anyone know if it has it standard or what.

bigdog9586
01-21-07, 06:05 PM
bump

Benjamin Simon
01-21-07, 10:52 PM
To be honest, I do not think that is an option for the STS, not even 07.
Buick has that option. Sometimes, GM seems to give buick something cool so buick customers think they are special.

malcolm
01-22-07, 09:28 AM
It's called hotshot

Heavy_Metal
01-22-07, 09:34 AM
I had a 2007 DTS as a rental recently and it had the Heated Washer Fluid. The control is in the same place as the cruse control on my 2005 STS 1SG, so I accidentally activated this a few times. You get a message on the Driver Information Console that it is heating the washer fluid, and then it goes through several cycles of wash. I couldn't find a way to turn it off once it started, so I didn't like it.

How much better is the heated washer fluid? In my STS, I change the wiper blades every year and use the Orange washer fluid (Rainex De-Icer) in the winter. That seems to work fine for me.

Also with my STS, I can spray people with the headlight washer if they stand too close to my car!

Jesda
01-23-07, 05:39 AM
Also with my STS, I can spray people with the headlight washer if they stand too close to my car!

LOL! I'd love to activate that with a motion sensor when the vehicle is parked.

ewill3rd
01-23-07, 09:09 PM
I think it is only available on DTS, Lucerne, and MAYBE the new Escalade.

ssstealth
01-24-07, 07:29 AM
I had my 06 STS-V washer nozzles replaced and they were heated. There is even an electrical connector to the nozzles. This may be the way to tell.

ewill3rd
01-24-07, 08:17 AM
Look for an XA7 option on your SPID label, it looks like this car is available with this feature.