: CAM for V

Kidhummer
01-20-07, 04:00 PM
I am interested in a cam for my V... I want to add about 70 hp....anyone know how much an installed cam will run me? Do I have to re-tune the car after the cam is installed?

Will i feel a SOTP difference in acceleration and power?

Drift-caddy
01-20-07, 04:15 PM
u want 70 rear wheel hp more????? and will you need a tune:suspect: . Well first your idle is going to be rough, you are going to need more mods then just a cam. Ie headers, pulley, exhaust. Yes you will need a tune. and pushrods and valve springs, maybe even injectors.70rwhp is alot more to be had.. Well if you are coming to the V dyno tune day i can show what its like.

rand49er
01-20-07, 04:34 PM
Flyboy had Katech put a torquer (I believe) cam in his V plus a FAST 90 intake and 90 mm throttle body plus maybe different ratio rocker arms (not sure about that last one). Katech used to have dyno curves on its website showing the gains of each of their cams (maybe they still do).

As I recall, low to mid-range torque/hp went WAY up, but only about 10 hp increase at peak.

This is from memory, so take it for what it's worth. :hmm:

Kidhummer
01-20-07, 04:38 PM
I heard that a cam will make a big difference in power...Is this not true?

Drift-caddy
01-20-07, 04:42 PM
No a cam will make a big jump in hp. The T2 cam have made about 50hp increase in power with tune and supporting mods. all depends in what u want.

urbanski
01-20-07, 04:45 PM
i wish i could find something to increase the amount of beer in my fridge

Redline CTS-V
01-20-07, 08:44 PM

Redline CTS-V
01-20-07, 08:45 PM
i wish i could find something to increase the amount of beer in my fridge
That would be the wife 3.0 mod... I've found that 3.0 has been a drastic improvement over 1.0 and 2.0... Not only is the fridge stocked with beer but the liqour cabinet is always full...

Now if I could just install it in the V... :hmm:

I want to apologize in advance for adding to Urby's thread-jack...

Luna.
01-20-07, 09:03 PM
You can easily add 70+ rwhp via a cam change, but I agree with Drift-Caddy that you will want to make all other necessary changes as well. I'm aware of one member who changed heads/cam and got, if memory serves, 440 rwhp (?), which is much more than just 70 rwhp. It's all about how much $$ you want to spend though to do it "right."

Cammed Vs do sound really sweet though. :thumbsup:

HushH
01-20-07, 09:51 PM
The nice thing about cams is that you can get them custom made to your specific wants and needs. Want a good increase throughout the powerband? There's a cam for that. Want extreme power at the top end? There's a cam for that too. Plus, they're cheap. Of course they're best done with heads and other supporting mods as well, and you will almost definitely need a re-tune. Gonna shoot for a head/cam package myself sometime this spring/summer.