: New to the Forum

wkontes
01-20-07, 11:03 AM
I have enjoyed reading the posts and been very impressed with the level of enthuisiasm. I live in South Eastern PA and last week went to the Cadillac dealer in West Chester, PA. They have a stealth gray 2006 with 9,600 miles advertised as, "traded in on Sts-V". Car has Corsa. They are asking $44,500 plus $1,500 for the CPO. The polite salesman offered me a $300 discount which he called the NFC play off discount. I was offended and then the eagles lost too. I figured some one in the forum may now who the previous owner of this car is, in the meantime I am continuing to look for the right deal and I currently have a 2003 Guards Red Porsche Boxster S.

odla
01-20-07, 11:11 AM
when i bought my 04 i only paind 37 with 9500 miles. so i say keep looking. btw good to have ya here on the forum.

ChicagoCTS32
01-20-07, 11:14 AM
You shouldn't have been offended... you should laughed in his face and walked out. ;)

Good luck on finding one you like. Check with Superior and Chesrown cadillac. Both are supporting vendors here and often post good deals on used and new V's.

wkontes
01-20-07, 11:17 AM
Oh I did laugh, i told him i would check back when he had another 8 weeks and it was under a foot of snow

ctsvflorida
01-20-07, 11:26 AM
Listen closely! DON'T BUY ANYTHING WITHOUT CONSULTING THIS FORUM! The vendor's on here offer the best deals anywhere! In seriously searching, you may need the added quirks of being a 'supporting member' which is only $5 a month or so! To save thousands...I would highly recommend it!

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

Albertan
01-20-07, 01:27 PM
I bought a "used" 2006 with 125 miles from Chesrown for $39,995. Check with Dave Chesrown. I flew down and drove back, I'd do it again.
Bruce

nxlr8
01-20-07, 01:32 PM
Listen closely! DON'T BUY ANYTHING WITHOUT CONSULTING THIS FORUM!
:yeah:

Welcome to the Forum! :welcome:

Great bunch of V geeks here! :worship:

lawfive
01-20-07, 01:37 PM
Welcome to the forum and sorry about your Eagles. I'm a Steelers fan, but I can't help but root for Garcia.

Caderac
01-20-07, 04:01 PM
I have enjoyed reading the posts and been very impressed with the level of enthuisiasm. I live in South Eastern PA and last week went to the Cadillac dealer in West Chester, PA. They have a stealth gray 2006 with 9,600 miles advertised as, "traded in on Sts-V". Car has Corsa. They are asking $44,500 plus $1,500 for the CPO. The polite salesman offered me a $300 discount which he called the NFC play off discount. I was offended and then the eagles lost too. I figured some one in the forum may now who the previous owner of this car is, in the meantime I am continuing to look for the right deal and I currently have a 2003 Guards Red Porsche Boxster S.
Sounds like the CTS-V that"Kadonny" owned. His was an '06 Stlth gry and he traded it for an STS-V . . and he lives in SE PA. He had the engine replaced back May and then traded it in for the STS-V in December. He posts over in the STS-V forum.

rand49er
01-20-07, 04:08 PM
Sounds like the CTS-V that"Kadonny" owned. His was an '06 Stlth gry and he traded it for an STS-V . . and he lives in SE PA. He had the engine replaced back May and then traded it in for the STS-V in December. He posts over in the STS-V forum.:yeah:

:welcome: There're a bunch of far better deals out there ... fewer miles for a lot less bucks ... then buy a Corsa on eBay and voila! :cool:

wkontes
01-20-07, 04:09 PM
I read through some more of the forum and after my original post and saw some of his comments on his car. I wonder then if the cpo warranty would start from the time the new motor was put in? Regardless I think they are asking too much for the car now but I was glad I drove it with the corsa exhaust, terrific sound

The Tony Show
01-20-07, 04:54 PM
No, the CPO is six years from the day the car was sold new, or 100,000 miles whichever comes first.

Send Kadonny an email to find out what he got in trade, then add about $1,500 for inspection and reasonable profit, plus $1,200 for the CPO warranty and offer them that.

ctsvflorida
01-20-07, 08:39 PM
:yeah:

Welcome to the Forum! :welcome:

Great bunch of V geeks here! :worship:

LMAO at ths one! Very good!

wkontes
01-20-07, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, I will try emailing kdonny

Krug Ford
01-22-07, 09:41 PM
I can get you any car you want at a great price. Check out some of my prices on used Cadillacs and they are certifed with a 100,000 warranty..

If you buy a V you want that warranty... its worth the 1100.00 to certify it.

Z06-PWRD
01-22-07, 11:04 PM
Keep looking, many of the guys on this forum have there cars up for sale in the classifieds that have low miles and light mods. Take your time and dont believe any of the sales BS.

sy1172
01-23-07, 07:30 AM
Hi Wkomtes,

I think I can help you out. I too live in SE PA, just outside of Doylestown and know of a 2005 V at Fred Beans Saab/Cadillac, certifed with 15K miles. They are asking $36,999 but I know for a fact (know the sales mgr) that they own the car (less certification costs) for $29,000 (the trade in vlaue). Silver on black, stock. Send me an email, as I am sure I can get you a better deal knowing the sales manager. They more or less bought the car for me but I bought another 05 just two days prior...unless I would have been all over it. Mint cond.

email me: sc281sc@yahoo.com

Vince

Kadonny
01-23-07, 10:52 AM
Yup, that is my old car. wkontes and I already talked about it. The dealer is asking WAY too much for it, even though it is in great condition. I have not been to the dealer yet with the STS-V, so I didn't know they had it on their lot.

Funny stuff.

wkontes
01-23-07, 06:27 PM
I saw the one at Fred Beans as well and I appreciate the heads up on the price. My time frame is flexible as right now I will get hammered on my trade, 2003 porsche boxster s, so I am going to keep on learning about all that is out there. One interesting thing: In september I drove up to Allentown to look at a CTS-V at Daniels Cadillac and when we started negotiating they kept playing with certifying it or not certifying it. I just assumed that if they were selling a pre owned cadillac at a cadillac dealership it would have the warranty. I called gm directly and at the time they would sell me the warranty for a cts-v for $2200 and I could finance it at 0%! I dont know if that still holds or if others have done this?

sy1172
01-24-07, 09:19 AM
Good Luck! Fred Beans actually does a nice job. You need to watch their tech's (put 2 of my snows on backwards) but all in all good.

Let me know if you need help. If you want to come by and see the car, that's no problem either.

Vince