: Traded V

Davidstan
01-20-07, 10:25 AM
Bitter sweet but traded my cts v for sts v. Had to go w/ easier daily driver and this sts is something else for sure but i know i'll miss the little v and its attitude. wanted to let you all know i had no issues w/ the cts v at all and would have kept it if a reasonable swithch to auto was possible. Got 37 500 for my 06 with 7000 on the clock and was offered deep discount on the 06
sts v. Just wanted to let y'all know the V did not depreciate as much as i thought as i purch it new for 46,500.

ctsvflorida
01-20-07, 10:52 AM
I am a big fan of the STS-V so no offense meant here but you can literally steal an STS-V right now so they probably got you on the sts. Dealers have STS-V's with 1000 miles on them for $55k and if you shop real good, you can buy one for $49k as one was listed on here with 3k miles. You should've shopped on here before buying yours. Either way, good luck with it and it is a great car.

Davidstan
01-20-07, 11:41 AM
I am a big fan of the STS-V so no offense meant here but you can literally steal an STS-V right now so they probably got you on the sts. Dealers have STS-V's with 1000 miles on them for $55k and if you shop real good, you can buy one for $49k as one was listed on here with 3k miles. You should've shopped on here before buying yours. Either way, good luck with it and it is a great car.

you are absolutely correct. thats why i made the deal. with 20k off msrp the wife still ripped me a new one. she doesnt understnd the V thought process.

ctsvflorida
01-20-07, 12:41 PM
you are absolutely correct. thats why i made the deal. with 20k off msrp the wife still ripped me a new one. she doesnt understnd the V thought process.

Sticker is $72k I believe, so you paid $52k...NEW?

nxlr8
01-20-07, 01:04 PM
As long as you keep it in the "V" family, you're all good!

BadCad
01-20-07, 01:20 PM
Let us know your thoughts on the STS-V vs. the CTS-V. One other member already posted his when he made the switch; yours would be nice.

zozmanCTS-V
01-20-07, 02:21 PM

Does your wife know mine? My wife pointed out to me this: MSRP for the (2007) STS-V is $77,715. MSRP for the CTS-V is $53,317. According to Cadillac.com, both have equal standard equipment that would be expected on the V-series. The CTS-V has a trip computer, external temperature gauge and front heated seats that is not standard on the STS-V. The STS-V has rain sensing wipers that the CTS-V hasn't. CTS-V = stick. STS-V = automatic. The burled walnut interior looks good on the STS-V. The CTS-V gets better mileage and is faster. The STS-V more luxurious. For twenty grand less, she took the CTS-V. I try not to question the wife. :worship:

Randy

Davidstan
01-20-07, 04:41 PM
Sticker is $72k I believe, so you paid $52k...NEW?
sticker was 77 090 plus 1800 for chrome wheels which i didnt care about but they were on the car as a dealer option. I was happy w/ the deal but still had to come out of pocket.

Davidstan
01-20-07, 04:57 PM
Let us know your thoughts on the STS-V vs. the CTS-V. One other member already posted his when he made the switch; yours would be nice.

I am having to get used to the bigger feel. However, going around familiar twisties it feels as agile as the cts-v...these Pirellis i think make it feel planted. Only had it 3 days so probably not a great reviewer at this point.
When i look back i know i am going to say the cts v was the most fun to drive no question. The sts v in manual is insane feeling and will burn rubber w/o trying,no wheel hop. I'm 5' 11" so the cts cabin is big enough for me but i can see how bigger guys would need more room. curiously there is more leg room in the cts. Oh yea, this nav is so easy to program and all around more user friendly. Would not have made the switch but it was a great deal...i was going to wait til an auto cts v came out but looks like 2 yrs down the road.
thats my thoughts.

zozmanCTS-V
01-20-07, 05:48 PM
sticker was 77 090 plus 1800 for chrome wheels which i didnt care about but they were on the car as a dealer option. I was happy w/ the deal but still had to come out of pocket.

Like the one guy said, you should have shopped around. According to your posts, you paid $46,500 + tax for your 2006 CTS-V. You traded it in on a 2006 STS-V with a sticker of $77,090 plus chrome wheels at $1,800. The dealer knocked $20,000 off the STS-V sticker which means the STS-V was $58,890 plus tax. They gave you $37,500 trade-in on your CTS-V. With depreciation of $11,500 on your 2006 and approximately $21,390 plus tax out-of-pocket buy for the STS-V, that deal actually cost you about $32,500 to still have a 2006 model year. If you thought you got a good deal, the dealer got a great deal too. :bonkers:

Randy

Jschmank
01-20-07, 06:57 PM
I'd say most of us didn't buy these cars cause we were bargain hunting. The key is there is no other car anywhere near this $$$ zip code which combines the luxury and power that we all love in either the CTS V or the STS V.

ctsvflorida
01-20-07, 07:11 PM
Like the one guy said, you should have shopped around. According to your posts, you paid $46,500 + tax for your 2006 CTS-V. You traded it in on a 2006 STS-V with a sticker of $77,090 plus chrome wheels at $1,800. The dealer knocked $20,000 off the STS-V sticker which means the STS-V was $58,890 plus tax. They gave you $37,500 trade-in on your CTS-V. With depreciation of $11,500 on your 2006 and approximately $21,390 plus tax out-of-pocket buy for the STS-V, that deal actually cost you about $32,500 to still have a 2006 model year. If you thought you got a good deal, the dealer got a great deal too. :bonkers:

Randy

The $11,500 is lost in the 7k miles he drove! Not now in the new deal! I say you did pretty good with $20k off and they gave you a good buck for your trade and save the tax on $37k. You did much better than I first thought! Very good!

P.S. The dealers always do fine my friend! They did good on you and me as well!

Davidstan
01-20-07, 07:22 PM
What cost me is the depreciated value in the cts and that depreciation was gonna take place no matter what i did. The most i could do private party for my car was 39 000 thats a fact. Dealer gave me 37,500. Sale tax saving was $2000. Cost of the sts v was 59,000 with 39 miles. I never said it was the deal of the century just that i was happy with it.

ctsvflorida
01-20-07, 08:24 PM
What cost me is the depreciated value in the cts and that depreciation was gonna take place no matter what i did. The most i could do private party for my car was 39 000 thats a fact. Dealer gave me 37,500. Sale tax saving was $2000. Cost of the sts v was 59,000 with 39 miles. I never said it was the deal of the century just that i was happy with it.

No! I think you're mistaken my friend! You did very well, especially with the tax savings! Good luck with the new beast and enjoy it but on top of it all...trust me, you did excellent!

Just to point out the positives! First of all, I don't think you would have got $39k on this used market. I think your dealer will have a hard enough time getting the trade value they gave you! Second, you got the STS for a pretty damn good deal because it was new and many people want new. They did all the financing etc. etc. Many of us would have shopped around for a 2000 mi car and then we would have to deal with the trade on an '06 cts-V and would have been offered $32k. It all comes out to pretty much the same stuff.

I'll give you good example of the beatings that many take on trade ins! I got my car when it was 6 months old. I got it 14 months ago, an '04. I paid $34k with 4800 miles on it. If I paid $34k then what did they give this 6 month old car on trade? And yes, it was titled 6 months before I got it. Prices have not gone up much and there resale has gotten worse! My math in comparing my deal would have put your '06 in the $32k trade in range! I know I am rambling but I am bored and staying in on Sat. night! BORING! So, you have to listen to my rambling if you're stuck inside too! :thepan: LOL

Davidstan
01-20-07, 09:09 PM
No! I think you're mistaken my friend! You did very well, especially with the tax savings! Good luck with the new beast and enjoy it but on top of it all...trust me, you did excellent!

Just to point out the positives! First of all, I don't think you would have got $39k on this used market. I think your dealer will have a hard enough time getting the trade value they gave you! Second, you got the STS for a pretty damn good deal because it was new and many people want new. They did all the financing etc. etc. Many of us would have shopped around for a 2000 mi car and then we would have to deal with the trade on an '06 cts-V and would have been offered $32k. It all comes out to pretty much the same stuff.

I'll give you good example of the beatings that many take on trade ins! I got my car when it was 6 months old. I got it 14 months ago, an '04. I paid $34k with 4800 miles on it. If I paid $34k then what did they give this 6 month old car on trade? And yes, it was titled 6 months before I got it. Prices have not gone up much and there resale has gotten worse! My math in comparing my deal would have put your '06 in the $32k trade in range! I know I am rambling but I am bored and staying in on Sat. night! BORING! So, you have to listen to my rambling if you're stuck inside too! :thepan: LOL

yea stuck inside and yes i agree w/ your numbers. i was ready to buy and the dealer ready to sell is the bottom line.

HushH
01-20-07, 11:02 PM
Congrats man, you should have brought it out to the meet today for everyone to see.

lunarx
01-21-07, 02:57 AM

Randy
That's a lot of coin just so you don't have to shift. :bonkers:
However, you did get a real nice car at a great price.
Congratulations!! :cool2:

Jschmank
01-21-07, 10:05 PM
Just a curiosity question - is the insurance on the STS V higher or lower than the CTS V?

Kadonny
01-22-07, 08:47 AM
The CTS-V has a trip computer, external temperature gauge and front heated seats that is not standard on the STS-V. The STS-V has rain sensing wipers that the CTS-V hasn't. CTS-V = stick. STS-V = automatic. The burled walnut interior looks good on the STS-V. The CTS-V gets better mileage and is faster. The STS-V more luxurious. For twenty grand less, she took the CTS-V. I try not to question the wife. :worship:

Randy

:thehand: You got some bad info there dude. Just have to stick up for our cars here.

1. STS-V absolutely has heated seats standard, in fact it has heated seats front and rear AND a heated steering wheel to boot! CTS-V only has heated front seats.

2. STS-V also has an external temp gauge. Why wouldn't it? It's not located in the same spot as the CTS-V, but it is still there, and it shows all the time.

3. Not sure what you mean about the trip computer, but you can calculate routes in more ways than the CTS-V. The only thing on the nav I have not found on the STS that the CTS had was the tracking option.

4. I personally get better mileage on my STS-V. I am averaging 13.5 with my STS-V, I averaged 11.7 with my CTS-V.

5. The STS-V and CTS-V are neck and neck in the speed department. One does not kick the arse of the other one. I would LOVE to see a stock CTS-V line up against a stock STS-V for sh*ts and giggles.

Plus all the other options the STS-V carries with it. Remote start, key fob, complete hand stitched leather interior, real burled wood, automatic adjusting steering wheel, parking rear sensor etc.

I'm not saying the CTS-V is not a great car for the money, it is! But there is a reason for the higher sticker of the STS-V.