: V Experience @ Road Atlanta...?

V-Max
01-20-07, 09:13 AM
This is the first I have seen but it looks like Cadillac V-series owners will be able to take their car out on track at Road Atlanta. It be better if they offered the three V-series models available to paying participants to sample, rather than beater on their own cars. :)

The video mentions it right at the end but I could not find anything on Cadillac's website.

http://media.medialink.com/WebNR.aspx?story=32962

I have done similar events with Saab and Mercedes Benz. Fun to do once but usually more expensive than joining a car club that rents a track for the weekend.

Norm

odla
01-20-07, 10:05 AM
how do u sign up to go. does it cost anything?

nxlr8
01-20-07, 12:35 PM
Uh... that sounds bad ass! :drool:

rpm_69
01-20-07, 09:12 PM
Mfgr events that I have been to are usually more limited than club events. They are sales opportunities. They want you to have a good time and not hurt their car.

While I have seen several drivers total their cars at club events. One guy smashed his Porshe GT3 into a concrete wall on Turn 2 at RD ATL. OUCH.

I have done many club events and have a dedicated track car for time trials. It is a blast. $300-$400 for a weekend on a track. You usually get several hours of classroom time and up to eight 30 min sessions on track w/ an instructor. I learned a lot my first one and have been going to at least 5 a yr ever since. I have run RD ATL a few times w/ BMWCCA (you can sign up on motorsportsreg.com). Great track, very fun.

Anyone have details on the Caddy event?

HushH
01-20-07, 09:23 PM
Don't know. Can't find anything about it on Road Atlanta's site either. But that sure as heck doesn't look like Road Atlanta in the video they show. Or maybe I'm just thunker than I drink I am.

nxlr8
01-20-07, 11:59 PM
For $300-400 a weekend, I would be game on... I really want to get into some driving classes with an instructor, but don't want to drop $3k on Skip Barber...

50 4Ever
01-21-07, 01:34 AM
Don't know. Can't find anything about it on Road Atlanta's site either. But that sure as heck doesn't look like Road Atlanta in the video they show. Or maybe I'm just thunker than I drink I am.

I was at Road Atlanta for the Petit LeMans in 2004, 2005 & 2006, walked the track, and drove the track in my Corvette in July 2005 - that track does not look like Road Atlanta to me.

I would like to see this happen.

Feffman
01-21-07, 06:05 AM
For $300-400 a weekend, I would be game on... I really want to get into some driving classes with an instructor, but don't want to drop $3k on Skip Barber...

NXLR8:

If you want some track time with instructors, join MVP Track Time (http://www.mvptracktime.com) at Autobahn Country Club (http://www.autobahncountryclub.net) near Joliet, June 4, 2007. We have qualified (Porsche Club of America, SCCA, Audi Club of America, NASA) instructors to help you lear to drive on-track properly.

For details or on line registration visit us at www.MVPTrackTime.com. Happy Motoring! :burn:

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer - MVP Track Time
2004 CTS-V

rpm_69
01-21-07, 12:41 PM
For details or on line registration visit us at www.MVPTrackTime.com.

Hi Mark - Nice program. Are they only one-day events? The clubs here in the South run 2-day events. It is a little more $ but one day would feel like a tease to me.

For you Southerners The BMWCCA and PCA run RD ATL events many times per year (peachtreebmwcca.org). I usually do at least one RD ATL event per year. Very fun. I also do all the THSCC events I can (thscc.com). They are cheaper and much less pretentious than the BMW crowd. For $300 you can fly around Virginia International Raceway (VIR). You will learn a lot and have a blast. Personally I'd love to see more CTS-Vs on the track. Sign-up and let me know when you'll be there.

Also, there is always AutoX for cheap thrills. $30 at most BMWCCA or SCCA events and it is a blast too.