: Any Tuners in SF Bay Area?

Carnalsupply
01-19-07, 06:29 PM
I've heard lots of great feedback on Stealth tunes as well as Drift-Caddy, but I'm wondering if anyone has had the same type of success using a tuner in the SF Bay Area? I prefer "in the seat" tuning versus a "box" tune.

Thanks

Drift-caddy
01-19-07, 07:14 PM
Well, i can fly out there for ya. :thumbsup: ALso no box tune here...

Carnalsupply
01-19-07, 07:24 PM
I had a Job Spetter fly out to do the tune on my '70 Vette (Hilborn EFI/Accel Gen VII) and he did a GREAT job, but the fact I'm flying somebody from the right coast to the left coast is a bit more expense than the tune to my V is worth, unless of course you'll do the tune for free once I get you here :2thumbs:.
If that's the case then I hope you enjoy flying Southwest of Jet Blue.

Drift-caddy
01-19-07, 07:37 PM
You can have Cheap and Fast but not Reliable
You can have Reliable and Fast but not Cheap
You can have Cheap and Reliable but not Fast.
Cheap,Fast,Reliable. Pick 2.
PS. Cheap & Fast end up being expensive since it not reliable...

RunningOnEMT
01-19-07, 07:40 PM
thats the engineers motto...

that and you can't push on a rope

Carnalsupply
01-19-07, 07:51 PM
Hmmmm, I looking through my post to find out where I said anything about being cheap and I don't believe I see anything. What I do see is a question asking if anyone knows of a good tuner in the SF BAY AREA, and unless my geography has gotten REALLY poor since leaving elementary school the SF Bay Area is NOWHERE near MD.
Question for you though 'Drift? Is this your method of influencing people to spend money for your services?

Drift-caddy
01-19-07, 08:01 PM
I had a Job Spetter fly out to do the tune on my '70 Vette (Hilborn EFI/Accel Gen VII) and he did a GREAT job, but the fact I'm flying somebody from the right coast to the left coast is a bit more expense than the tune to my V is worth, unless of course you'll do the tune for free once I get you here :2thumbs:.
If that's the case then I hope you enjoy flying Southwest of Jet Blue.

It was a joke based on the Free tune part. BTW, Job is the man. plain and simple. that man is smart as shit and knows his stuff. He make great power and is very fast.

Carnalsupply
01-19-07, 08:11 PM
Yeah, Job is amazing. He took my Vette from a POS to AWESOME inside of two hours, including diagnosing a slight variation in cam and crank timing due to the harmonics. He recommended a crank trigger and the problem was solved the minute I installed it. He KNOWS his game!

I can appreciate the humor, but the point of my question was getting lost in the "fun". If, by chance, you have business here on the west coast you should look me up and maybe we can co-op your trip like I did with Job. Simply flying you (or Job) out here specifically for a tune just isn't reasonable, but spread the cost amongst other people and I'm definitely interested.

So, now you've got reason to solicit V owners on the left coast: get us together into a buying pool and bring you out for a few days so you can spread your own kind of V gospel to the heathen masses.

Dreamin
01-19-07, 09:49 PM
No. The closest tuners i'd trust are in Socal.

calicadi
01-20-07, 03:22 AM
Sounds like there's a business opportunity in our neck of the woods.

You might give these guys a call: www.huffakerengineering.com

They're located at Infineon. (That's a hint at what they're good at!)

Carnalsupply
01-22-07, 01:06 PM
Ahhh, the boys at Huffaker! I am very familiar and will definitely give them a call. Never know what those boys might have laying around that's interesting.

Hey "Dreamin", who in SoCal do you know/trust?

Thanks for the tip.

Dreamin
01-22-07, 02:04 PM
Andy's tuner is pretty good (A&A Corvettes)

The tuner at TheLAPD is supposed to be good too... but no direct experience with him.

...there is TeamZR1 in NorCal... PM me if you want more info on that topic.

510ctsV
01-23-07, 03:16 AM
I am also looking for a tuner in the bay. If I dont find one i may go to stealthV or drift-caddy. In any case...I was talking to some guy at a place in fremont/newark called Synergy. Apparently, they have alot of experience in dealing with Ls's. They were willing to help me on the cost for labor considering i was going to be their first V. I too was reluctant to try a shop that hasnt worked on V...But more so the costs of the parts. I wanted to get a mild cam, headers, tune and exhaust. This was some time ago so i dont know if they have worked on v's yet. I just looked on yahoo yellow pages for the number but couldnt find it. When i find it ill post it. I know its kind of odd for me to post a tuner who hasnt worked on a v but again that was a some time ago and they know the ls motor. I would say its atleast worth talkin to them. I havent gone back to them since i have other financial obligations.

Just tryin to help.

EDIT: Synergy Motorsports
37440 Centralmont Place, Fremont, CA 94536
phone: (510) 796-3749

Dreamin
01-23-07, 11:55 AM
:yeah:
...forgot about these guys... they're very good... Carnal definitely check these guys out.

Carnalsupply
01-23-07, 02:42 PM
Muchas Gracias!

I've actually heard of Synergy from a buddy with a Z06, so I have to figure they know their way around an LS6.

Thanks again, and if I use Synergy I'll let you know how it goes.