: Ran the car last night at the track in Bradonton,FL

spdracer77
01-19-07, 08:26 AM
Here are the numbers...

60ft. 2.500
1/8th. 8.825 @ 91.29 MPH
1/4 mile 13.096 @117.29 MPH

As you can see from the numbers the car can't lauch well do to the wheel hop. I have stock rear suspension. BTW I ran the car on street tires. The wheel hop on this car is out of control. What can be done to eliminate the wheel hop? I even launch the only at 2000rpms and the wheel hop was still bad.
Any suggestions? I know if I can lauch that car at 4000rpms I can get it into the 11's. Just look at my MPH.

rand49er
01-19-07, 08:40 AM
There's GM bushings, there's Spectre bushings, then there's Kars Stage I, II, & III kits. These progressively "help," along with different tires, but I've not heard of anything that completely eliminates it.

Don't think drag racing was necessarily the intent of the CTS-V ... more of a road racing car.

ctsvflorida
01-19-07, 08:46 AM
C'mon now SPEEDY...let us know what's done to your car!

I'm guessing a charger but should we really have to guess or ask!

P.S. Sorry for the even more dry and sarcastic posts today but I am having a bad day already! This one number on the lottery (fantasy 5 in FL.) keeps haunting me and I kept saying to change a couple sets of numbers and use 33 on the end! Wouldn't u know that my 4 numbers came up last night and guess what the last number was...of course 33! I had 35! Was worth $80k!!!!!!!! Guess what I got? $101 Before anyone writes (writing this with a real stupid look on my face) 'well it's better than nothing' SAVE IT! Cuz it's not!

Drift-caddy
01-19-07, 08:51 AM
Here are the numbers...

60ft. 2.500
1/8th. 8.825 @ 91.29 MPH
1/4 mile 13.096 @117.29 MPH

As you can see from the numbers the car can't lauch well do to the wheel hop. I have stock rear suspension. BTW I ran the car on street tires. The wheel hop on this car is out of control. What can be done to eliminate the wheel hop? I even launch the only at 2000rpms and the wheel hop was still bad.
Any suggestions? I know if I can lauch that car at 4000rpms I can get it into the 11's. Just look at my MPH.

You may always get some wheel hop. Yes your MPH is good, but as you bring your 60ft down your mph will go down as well/ in the V I went from 12.7@117mph 60/2.10 to 11.91@115mph 60/1.68 leaving at 5900 rpm.
what mods do you have done to your car

CTS-V420
01-19-07, 10:51 AM
1.68 60' holy moly drift caddy
o yea and how did you like that track
I'm in tallahassee and I've been craving a track day...

spdracer77
01-19-07, 11:31 AM
You may always get some wheel hop. Yes your MPH is good, but as you bring your 60ft down your mph will go down as well/ in the V I went from 12.7@117mph 60/2.10 to 11.91@115mph 60/1.68 leaving at 5900 rpm.
what mods do you have done to your car
Here are the mods on my 2004 CTS-V.
Magnaflow exhaust, K&N air induction, kooks long tube headers 1 3/4,custom grind cam from comp 226-230 on 115lsa, titanium retainers, springs and 100 shot nitrous. 386rwhp on spray 508rwhp.

Drift-caddy
01-19-07, 11:41 AM
Well, yes you should be in the 11s with that Hp on spray. But 13s?? safe to say you did not spray it. With the weight of the car its going to be hard to get deep 11s. Get some tires and go have some fun. Come on we need more Vs in the 11s

Black Sunshine
01-19-07, 12:06 PM
Someone will need to take the initiative to do some proper drag racing chassis set up work and spend some money on some good slicks to get the launch times down but there's no reason we shouldn't be seein some low 11's & high 10's fom some of y'all's packages. Shoot, the Impala weighs 4400# and there are many guys into 11's with bolt ons and that funny stuff. But, we're seein 1.4-1.6 60's to do it.

Tallahassee, huh? How bout we get together at Cecil some time this Winter? Shakey Leg needs some seat time in the V! Feb. 16 is the next TNT session.
http://www.sgmpracing.com/

spdracer77
01-19-07, 12:50 PM
Someone will need to take the initiative to do some proper drag racing chassis set up work and spend some money on some good slicks to get the launch times down but there's no reason we shouldn't be seein some low 11's & high 10's fom some of y'all's packages. Shoot, the Impala weighs 4400# and there are many guys into 11's with bolt ons and that funny stuff. But, we're seein 1.4-1.6 60's to do it.

Tallahassee, huh? How bout we get together at Cecil some time this Winter? Shakey Leg needs some seat time in the V! Feb. 16 is the next TNT session.
http://www.sgmpracing.com/
Its funny how you mention Impala SS. I thats what I own before I got the CTS-V. I use to have a 96 SS 383 stroker all motor and it ran 11.90s-12.00s all day long. The car weigh 4700lb with me in it and my 16 speaker sound system. With the Caddy I'm making more power and I'm not even close to these numbers.

spdracer77
01-19-07, 12:57 PM
Well, yes you should be in the 11s with that Hp on spray. But 13s?? safe to say you did not spray it. With the weight of the car its going to be hard to get deep 11s. Get some tires and go have some fun. Come on we need more Vs in the 11s
Honestly I did spray the car but my NOS psi was not up there. It was cold last night.

04CTSVFLA
01-19-07, 01:12 PM
Dont spray off the line.....Do you have a wot window? how does your nos activate.....That will have a huge impact on your 60 foot......in all honesty if I were you....I would NOT spray in 1st and have the nitrous activate once traction and grip have been maintained in 2nd.....say around 4500 rpms or so......then just spray through the rest of 2nd, 3rd, and the lil bit of 4th......If you do feel like you want to spray through the gears....youll need drifty caddys rear end mods so you can dump the clutch at 5900 like he does.....but i still wouldnt recommend spraying of the line even if you did do this.....I would wait for 2nd......just my 2c

ctsvflorida
01-19-07, 04:59 PM
Honestly I did spray the car but my NOS psi was not up there. It was cold last night.

Of course you sprayed it with 117mph trap speed. I am impressed and know what it will run if you get a good launch but who needs to blow stuff up? You know what it is capable of unless you want those time slips! Must be a heluva street racer!

P.S.I do believe you are the non-street racer though! :tisk:

spdracer77
01-19-07, 06:18 PM
Of course you sprayed it with 117mph trap speed. I am impressed and know what it will run if you get a good launch but who needs to blow stuff up? You know what it is capable of unless you want those time slips! Must be a heluva street racer!

P.S.I do believe you are the non-street racer though! :tisk:
100 shot is a baby shot for our motors. If you set it up right and have all the saftey features. You can't go wrong. I do have a digital window switch on my car. My nitrous turn on at 3200rpm and turn off at 6000rpm. I also have a micro switch under the gas pedal just to make sure the nitrous only activate at wide open throttle. Its only the rearend I worry about.

ctsvflorida
01-19-07, 08:13 PM
100 shot is a baby shot for our motors. If you set it up right and have all the saftey features. You can't go wrong. I do have a digital window switch on my car. My nitrous turn on at 3200rpm and turn off at 6000rpm. I also have a micro switch under the gas pedal just to make sure the nitrous only activate at wide open throttle. Its only the rearend I worry about.

OH no doubt, I love the bottle! I just don't think I want to do it to the Caddy! Would rather have the power there always! I sprayed my LS1 for 30k miles and went through at least 15-20 bottles and it was a 15lb. bottle. It was a 125hp shot and I swear the motor was stronger when I sold it! It didn't miss a beat ever! I sprayed it from 2500 rpm and had no window switch either. I just always shifted at 5600-6000 rpms because the torque from the juice just worked unbelievably. I also used the pedal switch, it's the only way to go. I would love to spray the V but I often use the trunk and need the space. I also would have to have it tuned for spray loosing some N/A power so I am going to prolly super charge it soon!