: Cold Weather and Tune

Dean400hp
01-19-07, 07:36 AM
Anyone have a tune done and have problems when cold weather hit? Mornings with heater on has caused havic, rpms drop and stalls! every msg possible comes up on nav screen, including "steering needs Maintenance "
not sure if I need another tune or not. :hmm:

Nothing worse then someone seeing your $50,000 keep stalling!

Drift-caddy
01-19-07, 08:35 AM
Sounds like your cold start table needs to be updated and reprogramed/
Who ever did your tune just need to make some adjustments.

rand49er
01-19-07, 08:35 AM
Anyone have a tune done and have problems when cold weather hit? Mornings with heater on has caused havic, rpms drop and stalls! every msg possible comes up on nav screen, including "steering needs Maintenance "
not sure if I need another tune or not. :hmm:

Nothing worse then someone seeing your $50,000 keep stalling!Dean, who did your tune?

Dean400hp
01-19-07, 10:11 AM
Carolina Auto Masters, they did a great job, I have a feeling when I had warranty work done at dealer for rear end they screwed up my tune from before.

Dean

Drift-caddy
01-19-07, 11:02 AM
:hmm: :hmm:
No, i am sure they need to redo there tune. Setting a cold start table is hard to do sometimes, depending on the mods that you have on your car.

04CTSVFLA
01-19-07, 12:27 PM
drifty caddy is 100% correct.....as you have a cam dean right.....

CIWS
01-19-07, 12:29 PM
I have a dyno tune and the car is running fine in the cold, at least down to 25 deg so far. Odds are if the dealership reflashed your PCM you should see that nasty CAGS back. (unless you're using an ext CAGS eliminator)

04CTSVFLA
01-19-07, 12:49 PM
no ciws your tuner just calculated the cold start more precisely or left more room for error on his part (ie left a broader range of parameters to ensure a proper running tune)

heavymetals
01-19-07, 01:25 PM
My car is a stone when cold, but ok after it warms up.

Worse are the tires in the cold.

I did get a thumbs up, from a guy in a Mustang, when I gassed it in second and "hopped" by a car that I was passing.

CIWS
01-19-07, 06:09 PM
no ciws your tuner just calculated the cold start more precisely or left more room for error on his part (ie left a broader range of parameters to ensure a proper running tune)

No what ? I said my dyno tune was fine, even with the cold.

Drift-caddy
01-19-07, 06:11 PM
Making a cold start table for a Cam car is harder to do then a stock car. Best way is to let the car sit over night and try it, but if its Summer out then that is going to be hard to do for most.

Dean400hp
01-21-07, 08:51 AM
Thanks guys, it's going back for 2nd CAM next month, I will let him know to get that tune better for cold weather.

Dean