: Bluetooth Automatic

smoey847
01-18-07, 04:49 PM
Hi. I have successfully paired my phone to the car. My question is: is there any way that I could have the car automatically pair with my phone once i start the car? Because, it is extremely inconvenient to program it everytime i get in. Thanks

dan1166
01-18-07, 07:37 PM
I have a 2006 STS with bluetooth. I am on my second phone(Motorola Razor V3) and both phones do connect when the car is started. I will be mating my wife's phone also. All I did was follow the directions in the owners manual.

When I start the car the phone reads "connecting with STS" and it is done. Maybe you missed a step in the directions. I would try to re program. It should work.

My big problem is the Navigation. I can get it to work, but it is much to complicated. I complained to Cadillac and they gave me a Nav hot line to call. I guess everyone is having some trouble; why else would they sey up a Nav hotline. Anyway, good like with your bluetooth. It should work.

ewill3rd
01-18-07, 07:45 PM
Go to the bluetooth device display menu, press the box next to your device, then look over to the right hand side of the screen.
With the device icon highlighted press the "default" button. Your device should now be underlined.
Now anytime the phone is on and you start the car they should negotiate a connection and work.
HTH.
If you keep using the same phone, this is a one time setup.

BMBSALES
01-19-07, 06:22 AM
you will also have to set the phone to connect automatically to the car. some phones are set that way by defualt, some you have to actually set it through your connections (motorola) menu. and of course, bluetooth has to be powered on at all times.

ewill3rd
01-19-07, 06:38 AM
That is true, depending on the type of phone you have, you may have to set the car up as a default device as well.

ELROY
01-22-07, 04:17 PM
Thanks guys,
This phone tip helped me out too. I programed the car just now, and it works just great. (05 STS 1SG AWD).

Elory