: Dyno Tuning Services for STS-V Now Available Through LAPD...

L.A.P.D.
01-18-07, 05:35 PM
Dear STS-V Owners,

We are now able to offer in-house dyno tuning services for the STS-V. We use HP Tuner software and our tuner, Doug is very experienced at getting the most power out of your STS-V while ensuring safety and the best in driveability.

Let us know if you are in SoCal and want more power out of your STS-V.

Thanks!

Shawn

ssstealth
01-21-07, 04:56 PM
Since these are still pretty much stock equipment, I would assume that all tunes would be the same between other non-modded cars.

Once you have 1 tuned, will you be willing to sell the "BIN" file so that say someone on the other coast could load it into the PCM?

I get to SoCal about twice a year, but always fly to get there.

L.A.P.D.
01-21-07, 05:34 PM
Since these are still pretty much stock equipment, I would assume that all tunes would be the same between other non-modded cars.

Once you have 1 tuned, will you be willing to sell the "BIN" file so that say someone on the other coast could load it into the PCM?

I get to SoCal about twice a year, but always fly to get there.

In theory, the answer would be yes, but in reality, the answer would be no. In all of our experience tuning GM vehicles, NO TWO vehicles have had the same tune. From the factory, every single vehicle we have dyno tested bone stock has been different so the tuning to correct them has been different. This has been the case whether the car has been stock or modified.

We should be tuning a couple STS-Vs this coming week and will post the difference between the stock runs on both vehicles vs. after tuning along with the dyno sheets.

Thanks!

Shawn

Kadonny
01-22-07, 08:21 AM
Looking forward to the dyno sheets.

ssstealth
01-23-07, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the explanation... that makes sense, just doesn't bring California any closer to North Carolina.

We have some tuners in Charlotte that so a lot with the LS6, LS2, LT1, etc. cars. Doesn't the LC3 use the same computer system as some of these?

L.A.P.D.
01-23-07, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the explanation... that makes sense, just doesn't bring California any closer to North Carolina.

We have some tuners in Charlotte that so a lot with the LS6, LS2, LT1, etc. cars. Doesn't the LC3 use the same computer system as some of these?

While the STS-V computer system may be the same as some other GM vehicles, you would need to have the latest update from HP Tuners that will support the STS-V tuning.

Thanks!

Shawn