: Grille Recommendations

SoccerDad
01-18-07, 03:46 PM
I recently purchased a 2004 SRX. It is like new, in and out, but I like the mesh grilles I have seen. Anyone have a referral for a manufacturer, supply source and/or installation tips?

CaddyinKC
01-18-07, 07:18 PM
Try E G Classic. They have a few to select from and I have heard good things about the quality. Can't help you with the install, but after I order one and get it installed I can offer some details. I'm trying to decide between the billet and mesh.

http://www.egclassic.com/

SoccerDad
01-18-07, 07:37 PM
THX - I have seen them and like them. As for the choice - my 20 yr old son and 14 yr old daughter think the mesh one is cool. I guess that settles it for me........

c5 rv
01-18-07, 08:33 PM
Here's your link:

http://www.usspeedonline.com/page/U/CTGY/SRX

King3244
01-20-07, 02:49 PM
How difficult is the installation of these grills?

c5 rv
01-20-07, 10:06 PM
I had a set of E&G mesh grilles on my 04 CTS (before GM sold the V grille). My dealer installed them the first time and a local body shop did the second install after a minor winter accident required a replacement bumper cover. According to the pros, the upper grille wasn't bad - it just takes some careful fitting to make it is even on all sides. The lower grille on the CTS was a PITA for both installs because it was just a bit too tall for the opening.

ryaus1
01-21-07, 01:07 AM
I installed the E&G mesh grille myself. The quality is very good, it's about five times as heavy as the original plastic. The top took me two hours to install, the bottom another hour. The instructions are pretty clear - this most difficult part was removing the crest from the original grille (the aftermarket grille doesn't come with one, so you need to remove and re-glue it). I get a lot of compliments about the mesh grille - I definitely recommend it.

CaddyinKC
01-21-07, 06:08 PM
ryaus1,

Can you post some pics? Especially close up pics of the grill? I'd like to see how well it fits. Also, did you have to do any drilling or manipulating of the car to get the grill to fit? Also, does the mesh grill have an indent where the crest should be applied? I was thinking of leaving it off, but not if there is an indent.

ryaus1
01-23-07, 10:47 AM
CaddyinKC, I'll take some pictures over the weekend.

There were two holes to drill for the main grille, which shouldn't matter if you want to revert, and a few holes for the bottom grille which also shouldn't matter. It's recommended to spray paint the front of the A/C radiator black to prevent reflections which I did, too. The grille has an indent for the crest, I was also thinking of leaving it blank but it doesn't work. Once I post pictures you'll see what I mean ..

CaddyinKC
01-23-07, 12:44 PM
ryaus1,

Great! I can't wait to see the pictures. So what did you have to drill? You didn't have to drill through the bumper, did you?