: how much is a mint '77 Fleetwood 75 worth?

My_favorite_Brougham
01-18-07, 03:43 PM
I know there has been some talk about the Series 75s, but I didn't want to hoard the other thread. Anyway, I know of a mint-condition 1977 Fleetwood 75 limo (w/ jump seats) that has been sitting around for over a year in the sun baking. I think now the owner just wants it gone, so I think he'll let it go for cheap. But I would like to know for how much I could sell it, say on eBay? It's a triple diplomat blue car with the crushed velvet seats which look and feel as though they've never been sat in. I believe the car has around 60K miles. Mint inside and out. But one thing, the owner claims it gets about one mile to the gallon. He said it with a laugh, but is there any possible truth to this. Surely the 472 would get better gas milage than that, even with a bad carb. What does this do to the value of the car?

Highway Star
01-18-07, 03:59 PM
I doubt people in the Limo market are too concerned with such trivial matters as gas mileage. That's just for us po' folks. :thumbsup:

Those are pretty Limos, much better looking than the bulbous-ass things going for Limos today. Have no idea what it's worth, maybe a few grand or so. Maybe you could make some cash, maybe not. Wouldn't be a bad car to be stuck with though...unless fuel economy is a concern!

My_favorite_Brougham
01-18-07, 05:00 PM
I agree. I mean if you're driving a huge RWD Cadillac, then gas milage was obviously not on your mind when you bought it. I just was curious if such poor milage could be a sign a larger, more serious problems. Is the 472 very reliable? (Or should I ask people on the big block forum?)

Highway Star
01-18-07, 05:39 PM
I believe the '77 should have a 425 engine. As far as the Limo model goes, they weigh about 4800 lbs. I think it would get closer to 10mpg (??).

Benzilla
01-18-07, 06:09 PM
'77s had the 425. Sounds like a beautiful car, don't worry about gas, my '79 gets about 12 and I run premium all the time, no sweat, you're not buying a Sentra here.

I'd say, if it's as mint as you say, $5,000 max. If he really wants to sell it though, it would be much less.

Red_October_7000
01-18-07, 06:26 PM
1 MPG is almost impossible. I don't think there's a way a car engine could run that rich. besides, you'd barely make it between filling stations.

(Reminds me of the old joke about cars with the Mopar 440 Hemi V=8; they'd pass anything but a filling station)

Benzilla
01-18-07, 06:48 PM
An old '78 chevy pickup I had got 3 mpg...

bicentennialcadillac
01-18-07, 08:32 PM
There's an absolutely rotten diplomat blue FLTWD75 in Cincinnati that keeps popping up on eBay to haunt me. I want it bad, but have no storage capable of swallowing the thing.

This adds nothing to the thread. Sorry.

My_favorite_Brougham
01-18-07, 10:46 PM
You're right, it is the 425. And I think the guy was exaggerating a bit. But methinks if he wanted to get very much for the car, he wouldn't have tossed in a comment like that. I think I'll pay him a visit and make an offer. Thanks for the input. :)

Southern Belle
03-07-07, 06:49 AM
An old '78 chevy pickup I had got 3 mpg...

heyal,

my old truck got 5 feet a gallon lol

sb

Destroyer
03-07-07, 09:17 AM
"how much is a mint '77 Fleetwood 75 worth?"

1 M-I-L-L-I-O-N DOLLARS!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHA

Pckstude
03-07-07, 02:35 PM
Making money on resale of old cars is a tricky thing. I can almost guarantee u that there will be fix up money involved. Many people fall into this trap, including me, thinking that one can just buy a car cheap and sell it for a quick buck. What is more of a money looser is restoring an old car, or even hot rodding one out. 99 times out of a hundred one will loose one's shirt, and if ur lucky still keep ur underwear.
Check out http://www.professionalcar.org/? for more info. These folks collect such things and might be able to give u a better idea of what to expect.
Don't do like I do most of the times. Get all excited about a car without checking it out totally and knowing exactly what ur getting into. And there will always be surprises after the sale.
I hope that it's in as good of shape as u say it is, and that u make a quick buck on it. But remember that u will be selling to a much smaller crowd of collectors. And don't forget to offer it for sale at the pro car site I mentioned, ur chances will be better there as those folks are always looking for something to buy. Good luck!

sizanjdf
03-10-07, 03:25 AM
my 74 fleetwood 75 gets about 6-10 mpg in town with the 472, but it also weighs 6000 lbs. the 77 is lighter with a smaller engine and would probably pull off around 10 mpg i would hope. if you can get the car for less than a thousand bucks you can probably make some money. anymore than 1500 your pushing your luck. For some reason most people just dont want to pay good money for an old caddy. if your not willing to be stuck with it, I would pass.