: Weird '94 Fleetwood Brougham

caddycruiser
01-18-07, 12:13 PM
Of the "weird" ones I've seen, they always seem to be '94s.

Case in point, this low mileage '94 Brougham. Everything seems typical, just your average Brougham--albeit with the vinyl delete (no CB5 code)--at first. Then I saw the spare tire (not really an indicator, but still I noticed it) was a GY Eagle GA, the tires they used OEM on V4P Tow Pack cars. But, keep scrolling down, and there's no manual fan and no mention of either V92 (I've seen a handful of those oddballs) or V4P...BUT, it lists the FE2 suspension.

So, any theories? It essentially just looks like your average Brougham optioned Fleetwood, but with the FE2 suspension randomly thrown in without any other usual equipment combined. Not that it's a bad combo--I'd love if mine was like this--but it's not a Tow Pack car and it's not a livery R1P car, so the FE2 suspension is just odd...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-ONLY-44-000-MILES-1-OF-A-KIND-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ260076928155QQihZ016QQcategoryZ61 49QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

caddieboy
01-18-07, 12:39 PM
Of the "weird" ones I've seen, they always seem to be '94s.

Case in point, this low mileage '94 Brougham. Everything seems typical, just your average Brougham--albeit with the vinyl delete (no CB5 code)--at first. Then I saw the spare tire (not really an indicator, but still I noticed it) was a GY Eagle GA, the tires they used OEM on V4P Tow Pack cars. But, keep scrolling down, and there's no manual fan and no mention of either V92 (I've seen a handful of those oddballs) or V4P...BUT, it lists the FE2 suspension.

So, any theories? It essentially just looks like your average Brougham optioned Fleetwood, but with the FE2 suspension randomly thrown in without any other usual equipment combined. Not that it's a bad combo--I'd love if mine was like this--but it's not a Tow Pack car and it's not a livery R1P car, so the FE2 suspension is just odd...

Did you mean to link to an image or website?

caddycruiser
01-18-07, 12:50 PM
Hah, yeah, that would probably help:rolleyes:

Fixed now^^

BCs71
01-18-07, 01:04 PM
Hmmm...

My 96 Caprice came with Eagle GA tires and it has the factory tow package and FE3 suspension with 2.93 gears.

I wonder if the Eagle GA tires were exclusive to the FE2/FE3 suspensions on the B and D bodies. Mine were blackwalled tires, though. I'm guessing that spare in the trunk of that Caddy is whitewalled.

Seems like someone ordered that car with a mixture of options that weren't available to the rest of the public?

caddycruiser
01-18-07, 01:17 PM
Not sure, it just doesn't fit what was actually available. I did a check of the SPID label, and it checks out 100% as a common Brougham and nothing else, but just like the FE2 suspension was a stand-alone add-on somehow.

It does not have tow components--fan, gear, cooling, etc.--but just the suspension alone.

Odd like the V92 '94 Fleetwood I also saw before, which essentially had the Caprice/Roadmaster tow package pieces (i.e. 2:93 rear and mech. fan) but wasn't a V4P (no 3:42). That was another just clear on the SPID label, but one that even Sandy wasn't sure about.

Actually, I think from something he said before, there were some oddball cars made with the different suspension alone or other tow bits for different areas of the country, but I can't remember what or where specifically.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-18-07, 07:39 PM
I love that carmine red exterior color, but loathe the burgundy leather.

caddycruiser
01-18-07, 07:46 PM
Wonder if Sandy's around anywhere lately, and had any snippet of possible info on the irregular suspension on this car?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-18-07, 07:48 PM
He was on here yesterday or the day before I think. Don't worry, he'll see it.

caddycruiser
01-18-07, 09:39 PM
Oh, and I semi agree on the colors. I like the red and actually like the burgundy (much better than nasty blue, and more distinctive than gray or beige--but still not as nice as the '93 only Garnet Red)...but something still looks a bit odd with that combo of a candy red and purplish interior.

codewize
01-19-07, 09:45 AM
I agree, that's an odd combination for sure. I love both colors just not together. My 93 Brougham has that color interior but the car is black. The should have gone with a cream or buckskin interior.

I love that carmine red exterior color, but loathe the burgundy leather.

caddycruiser
01-19-07, 11:23 AM
Actually, while we're on the topic of colors, nothing compares to what I saw a few years ago. It was a '93 Brougham that was Dark Adriatic Blue outside and Garnet Red inside...NO clue how that was even permitted to be made, but it was original. Strangely, didn't clash that badly, until you realized that it was really blue and red...

caddycruiser
01-22-07, 06:52 PM
We figured this one out, thanks to someone on the Impala SS board who was more observant that I thought I was...according to the SPID, it IS a Brougham but it also is equipped as a R1P livery chassis combo.

That's quite the rare bird, I would imagine, as just about every livery R1P car lacked being a Brougham and is simply a regular "base" Fleetwood instead.

So it's definitely a more than interesting combo, being a clearly pampered Brougham, but one that also has the rare vinyl delete option and the beefed up R1P chassis bits underneath.