Cadillac Owners Forum banner

hesitation then takes off like a bat out of hell.

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Eldobroken 
#1 ·
Getting a lag or 1-2 sec hesitation out of my 2000 eldo etc as well as my 00 seville. On the seville I did a few wot's and it went away. On the eldo I just put a new fuel pump oem part and a full tank of super. Also filter is new also. When i mash the throttle I get a break up lag then spins the wheels and runs great. Any Ideas? Also I did not get gas from the same stations so i do not think that is a problem. Any ideas Guys i have 90K miles mabye time for a tune up. BTW air filter and oil are new also. Engine Idles so good you do not even feel it and runs great but the hesitation is bugging me. Thanks,

#8 ·
Have you checked the codes? On my 2000 STS I had the same problem, and it was a faulty MAP sensor. Could be the same problem on your cars.
I will check codes today. The tranny shop just put some new CV joints in due to one breaking when these idiots were driving the car, Yeah I was pissed. But if they added tranny fluid it is possible they messed up the wires to the mass air flow sensor although they look fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.