Cadillac Owners Forum banner
700 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sscapricewagon 
#1 ·
please i'll take help from anyone on this one:eek: , A friend of mine wrecked his cadi SLS or STS i know its a 1999 4.3 northstar front wheel drive 300 hp engine with 70,000 miles on it , my question is besides changing the camshafts(what i dont want to do! can u say 300hp) what can i do to make this engine work in my 97 deville,i was told by an mechanic i could change the engine ecm and that should be all that i need,then i was told that the cadillac have about 5 ecm systems in the entire car. can somebody help me make this work????? If i only need to change the ecm could you tell me where is it located, Anyone have a good cadillac repair shop in west palm beach florida that would do a engine swap THANKS :alchi:

#2 ·
It is very involved in that the PCM is different for the 275hp and 300hp motor AND the transmission is different (different final drive ratios). Getting the various computer systems to work with the different motor wouldn't be worth the trouble in my book. And, the Northstar is a 4.6 liter engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.