: Srx-v?????

sy1172
01-18-07, 06:14 AM
Does anyone know if they have plans for that? We have an XC90 now (great truck) but how cool would an SRX-V be. hmmmmm:hmm:

rand49er
01-18-07, 06:41 AM
Thought I heard that the SRX was destined to become extinct.

Besides, this is the wrong forum.

gothicaleigh
01-18-07, 08:29 AM
Does anyone know if they have plans for that? We have an XC90 now (great truck) but how cool would an SRX-V be. hmmmmm:hmm:

I agree. An SRX-V would be all kinds of cool.

Unfortunately, it sounds like the closest we will ever come is the new SRX Sport. Rumor has it that the new CTS will have a wagon version, which will make the tall-wagon SRX (which is also a CTS in a way) pointless.

http://www.8thdaycreations.com/images/2007SRX.jpg

Of course, there is a pretty good possibility that they will just call the new CTS wagon "SRX". Either way works for me as long as we have a wagon option (though I am leaning more to hoping for the lower version).

ronr
01-18-07, 04:45 PM
A while back I was talking to a friend of mine who does engine calibration work for Sigma platform cars at GM and he said the there was some work done on an SRX-V but that the program had been discontinued. He thought the reason was that they couldn't get enough braking power to handle the weight (at the cost target levels). Again, this information is rather dated so maybe they'll reconsider when the next gen SRX comes out.