: V is in for work. They gave me an SRX...

anim8orCTSV
01-18-07, 02:24 AM
The rubber around the window controls of my V is peeling (as is the buttons on the radio).

They gave me an SRX to tool around in. There are a couple things it can do that the CTS-V can't....

1) The rear windows are auto up like the front windows (and they go all the way down too).

2) You can turn off the yellow "daytime" running lights.

Both options would be cool in the V.

One thing though, on the freeway around 80 it felt really squirly. I found it hard to keep it going straight. Like the power steering was "helping" too much. I never noticed this in the DTS.

Just griping.

-Paul

One question though if they "V"ed the SRX, do you think anyone would buy it?

Jon
01-18-07, 03:28 AM

Yep. I see people driving in AMG versions of that Benz wagon thingy. The R class or whatever. Ugly as fvck, but people still buy it.

Ak Jim
01-18-07, 03:29 AM
I have thought an SRX-V would be great. They could use same engine and tranny and make it rwd. I would by one over the CTS-V!

sy1172
01-18-07, 07:27 AM
YEs, like my post, GM needs to come out with A V series SRX. I'd buy on in a heartbeat. I think the SRX is a bit wimpy looking.

ctsvflorida
01-18-07, 08:45 AM
One thing though, on the freeway around 80 it felt really squirly. I found it hard to keep it going straight. Like the power steering was "helping" too much. I never noticed this in the DTS.

Just griping.

-Paul

A lot of oversteer caused by the FWD maybe. I think that our cars steer perfectly though so you are used to that as well! For you guys who have driven a benz or beamer, you'll know that our cars steer better than both! IMO of course as I have driven both. None of the mags brag about that though, they only torture our car that cost $25k less then the next competitor! Sheeeeesh!

LUVMY04V
01-18-07, 08:56 AM
-Paul

Who wouldnt Buy a 400hp station wagon?? :D thats what my friends call the srx but i actually like it myself

gothicaleigh
01-18-07, 09:17 AM
YEs, like my post, GM needs to come out with A V series SRX. I'd buy on in a heartbeat. I think the SRX is a bit wimpy looking.

I don't know, that '07 SRX Sport looks hot and quite a bit more aggressive (I love the lower lip on the new front).

http://www.8thdaycreations.com/images/2007SRX.jpg

With the new leather wrapped interior, all you would need to do is toss the CTS-V drivetrain and suspension (so it sits lower) under it and the SRX would be near the top of my most wanted list. With the added mass over the rear wheels, an SRX-V would have a better weight distribution than a CTS-V too.

Who wouldnt Buy a 400hp station wagon??

The same people who don't buy the Magnum SRT-8, I suppose. :p (which does sit near the top of my most wanted list because... well... it's a 400+ hp wagon!! :D ) I feel dirty desiring a Dodge... Cadillac needs to make me an SRX-V.

A lot of oversteer caused by the FWD maybe. I think that our cars steer perfectly though so you are used to that as well!

The SRX is RWD (or optional AWD, but they usually don't offer the more expensive versions as loaners). It's a CTS wagon with a lift. Not as different from the sedan as you would believe (reviews often mention that it handles remarkably like a CTS even with the added weight).

nikon
01-18-07, 09:27 AM
it would be cool to have a srx-v, but it's still one ugly mofo.

The Tony Show
01-18-07, 09:54 AM
Little known fact: We were supposed to have an SRX-V already but it got killed late in the development cycle. Since GM already had the exterior design finished, the SRX Sport is the result.

thebigjimsho
01-18-07, 10:00 AM
I don't think it's ugly at all. Get the V8 and the more aggressive wheels and it looks better. Make an SRX-V and you get SUV utility with a convertible feel if you get the giant moonroof.

The Tony Show
01-18-07, 10:22 AM
:werd:

I was looking foward to the SRX-V, and my wife loves her 2007 SRX. Looks a hell of a lot better than the ancient design of the BMW X5, or the boring Volvo or the jellybean Lexus RX330. Nicer interior, too (in the 07's).

heavypedal
01-18-07, 10:28 AM
So... anyone going to Photoshop that pic to bring us what the SRX-V would look like ;)

The Tony Show
01-18-07, 10:39 AM
Just like that, but with a cowl hood to clear the Northstar SC.