: Where does the CTS-VR get tuned in New Jersey?

Venomous-V
01-17-07, 11:48 PM
I heard around the way that the ctsvr gets tuned at some shop in jersey. Is tis true?anyone know where?

Tags63
01-18-07, 01:40 PM
Hey!! I heard of this also and someone told me Cartek. Not sure if it's true or not but I've used them and there a great group of guys. If you want to contact them. You can speak with Dave, the number is 908-317-4496. There right over by the Gothals Bridge and they have tuned many V's, GTO's, Vette's, etc.....

Paul:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ctsvflorida
01-18-07, 05:14 PM
Hey!! I heard of this also and someone told me Cartek. Not sure if it's true or not but I've used them and there a great group of guys. If you want to contact them. You can speak with Dave, the number is 908-317-4496. There right over by the Gothals Bridge and they have tuned many V's, GTO's, Vette's, etc.....

Paul:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am sure they're a great bunch of guys but have not heard the best things about their power numbers or there time to finish something. Can't say I've heard bad things either but I have heard of packages or head cam jobs that just do not make great power! Not as good as many others anyway! I don't want to sit here and bad mouth them either but only going by what I have heard and namely one guys car, that I know who will remain nameless, (and many here know of him) and it didn't make the power it should've! Anyone knows more or better then please feel free to chime in and rejuvenate their rep!

Venomous-V
01-18-07, 06:07 PM
My point of this question was to figure out where to get mine tuned.....StealthV or this New Jersey place. any Inputs??????????????

Kidhummer
01-18-07, 06:54 PM
My point of this question was to figure out where to get mine tuned.....StealthV or this New Jersey place. any Inputs??????????????

I got a minor tune at cartek....they took off my top speed limiter and adjusted airflow...they kept my car over night because the computer seized up on them and it took them 24 hours to recover it...anyhow i dot have any major mods so the tune did not make a big difference except the top speed limiter is gone. Furthermore, I don't think they tuned too many v's yet but they obviously have the software.

ctsvflorida
01-18-07, 07:48 PM
I got a minor tune at cartek....they took off my top speed limiter and adjusted airflow...they kept my car over night because the computer seized up on them and it took them 24 hours to recover it...anyhow i dot have any major mods so the tune did not make a big difference except the top speed limiter is gone. Furthermore, I don't think they tuned too many v's yet but they obviously have the software.

Verification of both things I heard! Always a delay and not thrilled with power! Also, if you tune GM, which they do mosly I believe, then LS6 is LS6 and very similar to LS1, if not the same.

1QUICKV
01-18-07, 07:49 PM
they took off my top speed limiter .
So how fast can you go now? and what mods do you have?

Tags63
01-18-07, 08:02 PM
Hey!!

Just to restate what I have already said. I went in late morning (11am) and they had me out at 2pm and they put my stat in & retuned the car and it dynoed at 378rwhp with the mods I have listed. I forget who on the forum had there car reworked once they spent shitloads at EPP but Cartek fixed the problems. Also, George Jr. from Kooks had his V built over there and is totally content as well.
They do major tuning and emphasize on GM. They're always out at the track and making the magazines over the years. They'll be moving to a huge facilty very soon in Kenilworth. So, over the many years in business, if they really sucked. They still wouldn't be in business today. Besides, if you just want a tune then it's no biggy since the car will be optimized for the best overall performance with what it'll do.

Paul:thumbsup:

ctsvflorida
01-18-07, 08:09 PM
I am not so sure that George JR's car made that much HP with heads,cam and maggie plus a bunch of other smaller stuff and a HUGE bill! I'll need updated confirmation on that one!

ahahnu
01-18-07, 09:41 PM
Kenilworth is right near me, can you pm the name?

JOEYCTS-V
01-18-07, 09:49 PM
I am sure they're a great bunch of guys but have not heard the best things about their power numbers

You have to realize that every dyno is different. If all you want is high RWHP #'s go to the Vette Doctors. I know cars that were dyno'ed at Cartek and then at the Vette Doctors, and they put out 20 more RWHP. Cartek tunes their cars to be very streetable.

c5racr1
01-18-07, 09:59 PM
If you ae talking about the WC CTS V-R Katech builds the motors and They are probably tuned by them. The Corvettes are.

ctsvflorida
01-18-07, 10:09 PM
You have to realize that every dyno is different. If all you want is high RWHP #'s go to the Vette Doctors. I know cars that were dyno'ed at Cartek and then at the Vette Doctors, and they put out 20 more RWHP. Cartek tunes their cars to be very streetable.

I do not think I have ever heard of a car tuned that is not streetable! That is what every tuner does, who is good, to a 'street car'! Vette dr's out tune them all and I have seen it first hand! When I saw the tune results to my buddies GTO, the first thing I thought was that the dyno was high! Then I went for a ride and then drove it, and was impressed. Couldn't tell then if dyno was high but it felt great! Then, he raced two different heads and cam cars (GTO's same year), one tuned by Cartek (the other I don't know), and beat them both almost badly! (two cars or so)

OH, I almost forgot one important thing, my buddies car...has only a cam!

Again, I don't want to sit here and torture Cartek as I do not know much about them first hand, just what I hear!

mallettv
01-19-07, 05:16 AM
I highly doubt Cartek tuned the cars, someone mentioned Katech who is most likely who did some tuning, they did build the Cadillac Sixteen engine. I know Mallett did some work to.

ctsvflorida
01-19-07, 10:06 AM
I highly doubt Cartek tuned the cars, someone mentioned Katech who is most likely who did some tuning, they did build the Cadillac Sixteen engine. I know Mallett did some work to.

There is no doubt here! The one guy had his heads and cam done at Cartek and obviously tuned at Cartek.

HushH
01-19-07, 11:12 AM
There is no doubt here! The one guy had his heads and cam done at Cartek and obviously tuned at Cartek.

I think he's saying he doubts that Cartek tuned the CTS-VRs, which I agree with. Katech may have done some initial tuning, but I'm sure the CTS-VR crew is constantly adjusting the tunes as well.

mallettv
01-19-07, 07:45 PM
They are built by Pratt Engineering and they tune them as well. Possitive.

c5racr1
01-19-07, 10:33 PM
the chassis is built by Pratt & Miller, the engines by KATECH, and the tranny by D&D I highly doubt pratt tunes the engines, Jason at katech is at the track with the caddies and the vettes, mabey he can chime in and tell us who tunes those monsters!

mallettv
01-20-07, 03:21 AM
I was told that information by someone very credible. Who cares though they are not going to tune anyones car no where near the way the VR is most likely. Ive been in a VR shit is sick, we had a event at the dealership and one was there, a reproduction model but it was still insane.

Katech
02-06-07, 02:42 PM
the chassis is built by Pratt & Miller, the engines by KATECH, and the tranny by D&D I highly doubt pratt tunes the engines, Jason at katech is at the track with the caddies and the vettes, mabey he can chime in and tell us who tunes those monsters!

The CTS-V.R chassis is built by Pratt & Miller, engine built by Katech. Engine tuned by GM and Bosch Engineers with the assistance of Katech and Pratt & Miller at Katech and in the field. NOBODY outside of GM, Katech, Bosch and Pratt & Miller has any access to the CTS-V.R.

Chef
02-06-07, 11:13 PM
Tis true...

Katech will be sending me my 427 shortly:bouncy: WC wing by Crawford Composites:alchi:

next?