: I lowered my car but it didnt lower

04CTSVFLA
01-17-07, 04:55 PM
Installed the eibachs with the ww mod on the rear, and it doesnt seem to have dropped at all...if anything it looks and measures HIGHER then the side i havent done yet.......do they need time to settle or did i do something wrong

RunningOnEMT
01-17-07, 04:59 PM
let it settle...

when i lowered my lighting pickup it took a week and then it settled out

if you wanna hurry it up throw some tube sand bags in the trunk and get some fattys from the local bar to ride around with you for a while

i did that with the Lightning(the sand part at least)

ctsvflorida
01-17-07, 05:34 PM
Installed the eibachs with the ww mod on the rear, and it doesnt seem to have dropped at all...if anything it looks and measures HIGHER then the side i havent done yet.......do they need time to settle or did i do something wrong

I hate when that happens! :histeric:

Just kiddin Jarret! If you see Alex, tell him I am getting a tune done in Gainsville Fri. if he wants a dyno tune or if you want one. This guy is supposed to be the best around! I know it is short notice but I just found out today that he is going to be there.

04CTSVFLA
01-17-07, 05:40 PM
must be jeremy formato....if its not jeremy.....then it aint the best around......lol

ctsvflorida
01-17-07, 05:49 PM
That be HIM!

HushH
01-18-07, 09:47 AM
Could this be due to the self-leveling shocks?

sy1172
01-18-07, 10:12 AM
self leveling shocks???

04CTSVFLA
01-18-07, 10:57 AM
yes it is but i have the ww spacers which are supoposed to fool the shocks.....I went and looked at the car this morning and the back is slammed!! whatever I did....I ike it...and the rides nice too.

HushH
01-18-07, 11:16 AM
yes it is but i have the ww spacers which are supoposed to fool the shocks.....I went and looked at the car this morning and the back is slammed!! whatever I did....I ike it...and the rides nice too.

Sorry, missed the first part where you said you had the ww mod.

RunningOnEMT
01-18-07, 11:19 AM
what is this WW mod...eventually (as in months down the road) i want the GC coilover kit...is this something i need too?

svassh
01-18-07, 11:33 AM
what is this WW mod...eventually (as in months down the road) i want the GC coilover kit...is this something i need too?

I believe the WW mod ships with the GC Kit. From what I understand it basically raises the top mount point to fool the self leveling shocks into lowering.

04CTSVFLA
01-18-07, 11:47 AM
I think it lowers the mount point.......so the self leveling shocks have a smaller space to adjust.

calicadi
01-20-07, 02:43 AM
The GC kit comes with the spacer to "fool" the Nivomats. Here's what they look like...

SdMarineGuy
01-29-07, 01:18 AM
Where can you buy the GC Kit? Also are they easy to install?

vr6aaron
01-29-07, 08:27 PM
:yup:

odysseus
02-01-07, 12:59 PM
The WW (and GC) spacers simply lower the upper mounting hat in relation to the shock. The shock still operates at it's normal height . . . it's simply mounted higher in the car. The GC kit also has similar spacers in the kit, as it's the only way to get nivomats to allow the rear to lower. Basically, you remove an existing 1" rubber spacer that's below the mount, and replace it with a 1" spacer, but put it above the mount. You can make your own if you want, out of simple washers. The complete writeup for lowering nivomats , with dimensions, is over at Reeds FAQ, as is the GC writeup.

http://cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/lowercts/index.html

http://cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/gcinstall/index.html

Seattle CTS-V
02-01-07, 04:35 PM
Where can you buy the GC Kit? Also are they easy to install?

You can just go to http://www.ground-control-store.com/index.php