: Stock License plate bracket

RunningOnEMT
01-17-07, 04:05 PM
alright, since i'm a supreme idiot and want to remove my front plate and risk the warning tickets, just cause i hate the way the front plate looks

if i were to remove the stock bracket would it leave unsightly holes? or is it something that clips on like the new honda ones?

Ckroll
01-17-07, 04:09 PM
if it was put on correctly you will have holes...as they require "rivots", most likely done at the dealer. Without the plate holder the front end is totally smooth. The V I have now doesn't have a holder, but I bought one from the dealer and have it in the front seat so that if a cop does stop me I am like..."sorry officer, I have it, just haven't had a chance to take it to the DEALER yet" (because it needs the rivots and not screws) :bigroll: Sooooo, if it's on, personally I would leave it, unless you want to holes staring at you.

Chris

RunningOnEMT
01-17-07, 04:11 PM
oh bullhockey...thats what i was afraid of

i specifically told the dealership i bought it from i didnt want it drilled

but the "porter" or the prep guy that brought it around for me 'accidentally' installed the bracket

that rassafrassin varmint!

Ckroll
01-17-07, 04:15 PM
yeah, that's how they do it. I was in there the other day cuz I'm in VA where you have to also have a front plate. The parts guy showed me the diagram on the screen where it showed the part # and that it needed to have the rivots. I'm going to delay putting it on as long as I can get away with it.....so we'll see. The last V I had was set up with the built in front and rear raday/laser detectors/jammers so I HAD to have a front holder because that's where the sensor was located.

RunningOnEMT
01-17-07, 04:17 PM
which dealership...i live in VA as well

Ckroll
01-17-07, 04:18 PM
Moore Caddy in Chantilly....by Fairfax if you know where that is

RunningOnEMT
01-17-07, 04:21 PM
thats where i bought my V from

bob evers was my salesman... great guy ... i basically stole this car from them

Ckroll
01-17-07, 04:25 PM
damn, small world!!!! I bought mine outta state, hence the clean front end, just go to Moore because it's really close. If you need any aftermarket work done at all, the best place around here is High Tech....they have done a couple of things for me, and my friends take their Vipers and Benz's there.

Chris

LUVMY04V
01-17-07, 04:30 PM
can u hang it from your grill if so just do that :thumbsup:

RunningOnEMT
01-17-07, 04:31 PM
can you PM me a number for them?

also i'm thinking about getting a local Caddilac gettogether going one weekend if it stays warm, interested?

Ckroll
01-17-07, 04:36 PM
I can't do PM yet until I have posted 50 times. You can email me if you want at

Yeah I'd be interested in a V rally...I have another friend that also lives in the area that just git himself a V.

Chris

RunningOnEMT
01-17-07, 04:39 PM
I can't do PM yet until I have posted 50 times. You can email me if you want at ------

Yeah I'd be interested in a V rally...I have another friend that also lives in the area that just git himself a V.

Chris

i got your email... you might want to edit it out though

spammers farm email adresses from forums like this

Ckroll
01-17-07, 04:41 PM
cool, thanks for the advice ;) shoot me an email and I'll give you the info for the shop...it's actually right down the street from Moore...by the Pepsi dist. off of 50 if you know where that is??

Chris

RunningOnEMT
01-17-07, 04:44 PM
check your email...