: Blown Compressor Fuse?

N0DIH
01-17-07, 02:58 PM
My car is suddenly blowing the level ride compressor fuse. Dead compressor or is it likely iced up and frozen in the 0-15 F weather we have now?

Thanks!

Eldo1953
01-17-07, 05:12 PM
My compressor had seized when this started happening. Could also be a relay.

N0DIH
01-17-07, 10:40 PM
I'll check, thanks. Amazing that it took me a week or 2 to notice no compressor kicking on. I noticed the car leaning to the right some and couldn't figure it out, till I realized, that the car was a bit lower than I think it should be. It has the FE2 suspension, so the spring rates are stiffer than the FE1, so it can handle a it more without major sag.

Is it hard to get that compressor out to bench test??

BCs71
01-18-07, 12:43 PM
I'll check, thanks. Amazing that it took me a week or 2 to notice no compressor kicking on. I noticed the car leaning to the right some and couldn't figure it out, till I realized, that the car was a bit lower than I think it should be. It has the FE2 suspension, so the spring rates are stiffer than the FE1, so it can handle a it more without major sag.

Is it hard to get that compressor out to bench test??

I briefly looked at mine once and looks like it is bolted to the frame rail with some heavy duty hardware. As long as rust won't be a PITA I think it should be straightforward to remove it. You have to remove the splash shields under the bumper on the driver's side for good access.
I never had mine out so that is all the advice I can offer.
Let us know what the problem was...

N0DIH
01-18-07, 06:06 PM
when I can find a dry spot I will have to take a look. Sucks to have it missing now... It has the bottom of the fender skirt about 1-2 inch over the center cap. I call that low, but the car looks level. Mine has always ridden a little higher than that.