Cadillac Owners Forum banner

If you want a LOT of Bass for a LITTLE Price, Click Here

7K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  SuperC 
#1 ·
I own an Escalade ESV and I was looking for a good amount of bass that didn't take up a lot of room and didn't cost a fortune... I found exactly what I was looking for...

1400 watt 12" Pioneer Shallow-Mount (3-1/4" Mounting Depth) Subwoofers:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069927_297394781,00.html
These speakers normally cost $200.00 a piece but they can be had on eBay, brand new, for $100.00 a piece or better...

2400 watt Class-D Mono Block MOSFET Digital Power Amplifier:
http://www.blitzaudio.com/itemdetail.asp?model=BZA3000D
This amplifier cost me $350.00 ($360.19 on the website) but can be had for as low as $125.00 here or for 15% less if you want a refurbished model with a 1 year warranty...

The subwoofers use a VERY SMALL enclosure of 0.5 - 1.0 Cubic Feet. So the box will take up VERY LITTLE room in your trunk. The box can be purchased at just about any flea market stereo store for $50.00.. My box is not ported...

Now, I have my subs in an open environment (in the back of my ESV). I'm not sure how this will sound in a well-insulated Cadillac trunk. And I can be sure that you're not going to win any Bass contests because this isn't a competition system where you're comparing decibals. But this setup provides A LOT of bass. It's very loud and obnoxious, if that's what you want. At full volume, the bass that comes from this setup moves the hair on my head.

The amp and speakers shouldn't cost you more than $325.00 plus shipping. Pick up the box at a local flea market. One that has a stereo shop. They always sell these little "truck" boxes. All you need to do from there is the installation - which when it comes to Cadillacs - I'd personally have a professional do for you. That can cost as little as $50.00 at one of those flea markets...

Remember: Hard core stereo enthusiasts are going to laugh at you with this setup. They're going to laugh at you so hard that you'll wish you never showed them what you have. Don't show anyone. Just let them hear it and let that be the end of it.

The King

See less See more
#3 ·
Haha. New tailgate.. Yeah, I bet they sound pretty amazing.. I mean.. They have to.. Though I feel very lucky with the setup I've come to own. Honestly, I'm really surprised I wound up with such an excellent total package. I suppose the Bose system is excellent (being so new) and good enough to match up with the bass.. Honestly, I will probably get another amp and run components eventually. The mids and highs could certainly be higher than they are. But, they're really good for now..

#4 ·
yuh
bose has good mids
its the lows and highs they suffer at especially the lows they bottom out to easily...
"no highs no lows must be bose"
that said for a stock stereo system Bose is really good, only thing i prefer stock to the Bose is the chry infinity systems, however the 98+ Seville Bose is the best stock system ive herd yet to date...

#6 ·
illusion audo has a shallow depth 3.25", 12 also. i havent heard the pioneers, but im sure they are wonderfull. you will be much happier when you remove the bose, trust me. just make sure you look at all your potions before buying midrange component systems. there are plenty of brands out there that arent everyday brands that are less money and sound better than the "day to day" brands you see. everyone makes a good speaker to someones ears, it just depends on what you like, and no one else. (your the one who has to listen to it)

#8 ·
... And I can be sure that you're not going to win any Bass contests because this isn't a competition system where you're comparing decibals. But this setup provides A LOT of bass. It's very loud and obnoxious, if that's what you want. At full volume, the bass that comes from this setup moves the hair on my head.
Damn, I guess my three trophies (2 seconds and a First) were just a dream... wait a minute they're still here. I built a system for my son's car with one of these mounted in (yes, that's right) in the back seat of a 91 Mustang Convertable and have been competing in USACI sanctioned events for the last 6 months.

Remember: Hard core stereo enthusiasts are going to laugh at you with this setup. They're going to laugh at you so hard that you'll wish you never showed them what you have. Don't show anyone. Just let them hear it and let that be the end of it.
Yea, they laughed at first, but I got the last laugh - First Place! :thepan:

Attachments

#10 ·
I hate to see you guys put blitz in a caddy... I am all about saving $$, but there are much better amps out there, for about the same price.

The problems with blitz are they are not CEA compliant, who knows how their warranty service is, what if they go under, and lastly, the laughing issue!

Because they are not CEA compliant, I doubt that their wattage ratings are even close to their claims, but after looking at the manual, and the speakers you are running, you are most likely running the amp at 2ohms so you are feeding your subs, supposedly, 800W RMS.

If you are only running 2 SVC subs the fact that the amp is one ohm stable is moot.

So... that leaves us looking for a CEA compliant amp, around $350, that is 2ohm stable and puts out 800W... Here are your options.

Kenwood KAC-9103D 900W RMS @ 2ohm, $189 NEW

Clarion DPX1800 800W RMS @ 2ohm, $239 NEW

MB Quart PAB 1200.1D 800W RMS @ 2ohm, $279

Clarion DPX1851 850W RMS @ 2ohm $239

This is just a VERY short list... PLEASE look into a reputable brand before putting blitz in your Cadillac.

-C

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.