: fuel pump 96 eldo

eldonova
03-13-04, 10:54 AM
is there any unforeseen problems w/replacing my fuel pump?what type of gasket sealer will i use?i know corrosion can be a factor ,any safeguards?
thanx d.s.

formulacarracerjim
03-13-04, 08:13 PM
No sealers needed as there is an o-ring that should come w/any decent replacement pump. BLOW away ALL the crap on the top of the tank after removed and before opening tank. Also soak the locking ring with solvent and then blow the loose solvent away. Keep the crap outta there! Watch gasolione fumes! They are FAR more explosive then you would ever believe. Jim

joeveto
03-13-04, 08:21 PM
No sealers needed as there is an o-ring that should come w/any decent replacement pump. BLOW away ALL the crap on the top of the tank after removed and before opening tank. Also soak the locking ring with solvent and then blow the loose solvent away. Keep the crap outta there! Watch gasolione fumes! They are FAR more explosive then you would ever believe. Jim I agree. Plan on putting the bong down for at least an hour.

Also, change out the fuel filter at the same time. It's never a bad idea. I would also suggest going with an AC Delco unit. They tend to be a lot better than the other brands which run a few bucks cheaper.

eldonova
03-15-04, 04:54 PM
Thanx,it was a piece of cake .pretty cool blow molded tank.no rusty crap. :)