: STS V-Series Power Package

Dr. Design
01-16-07, 03:06 PM
Hello,
For a limited time we are offering our stage 1 air intake system along with our ECU chip upgrade for the special package price of $999.99 plus shipping. If you are looking for a slight increase in power from yours STS V-Series this is the best bang for your buck power package. The complete system can be installed in about 45 minutes if you take your time. This item is compliant with Cadillac service departments and will not void your warranty. Our non-evasive ECU chip upgrade is completely external and does not require you to remove, reflash, or ship your ECU. Factory connectors are used to communicate with the ECU and require no cutting, splicing, or soldering of wires. This power package will put your crank horsepower at about 500HP! For more information or if you would like to place an order please feel free to contact us or visit our website for more information.
Gains are as follows:
Crisp throttle response
Increase in width of power band
Increase in fuel efficiency
Increase low end torque
Improved acceleration
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/STS_V_Stage1Kitcopy.jpg
Thank you,

dh794
05-06-07, 01:05 PM
Is it still available for $999?? I also need the lowering springs. Let me know thanks.

david

MRR
05-06-07, 04:03 PM
Does this just plug in the connection under the dash?

MRR

Dr. Design
05-07-07, 12:05 PM
Hello,
You can still purchase this package for that price. We also have the springs in stock. Just give us a call and we can get you taken care of.
Thank you,

Is it still available for $999?? I also need the lowering springs. Let me know thanks.

david

GM-4-LIFE
05-07-07, 12:25 PM
I already purchased the Stage I intake system from D3. How much is the ECU upgrade if I already have your Stage I intake system?

Also, when will the Stage II intake system be available to ship?

SG

Dr. Design
05-07-07, 12:51 PM
Hello,
No. This item plugs into the MAF meter. It uses the factory style connectors and installs in just minutes. The unit itself is located in the engine compartment near the air intake. The best thing about this unit is the installation time. 5 minutes and you are done! Please let us know if there are any other questions.
Thank you,

Does this just plug in the connection under the dash?

MRR

1fstkde
05-07-07, 08:11 PM
I already purchased the Stage I intake system from D3. How much is the ECU upgrade if I already have your Stage I intake system?

Also, when will the Stage II intake system be available to ship?

SG
shawn when are we going to get a socal get together at d3???

GM-4-LIFE
05-08-07, 01:29 PM
shawn when are we going to get a socal get together at d3???

That would be great!

Did Sherry over at Martin Cadillac get you handled on a 2007 STS-V? I see that you got one, but you never emailed me or PM'd me so I didn't know how everything went.

Let me know.

Thanks!

SG

1fstkde
05-08-07, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=AERO1;1076102]That would be great!

Did Sherry over at Martin Cadillac get you handled on a 2007 STS-V? I see that you got one, but you never emailed me or PM'd me so I didn't know how everything went.

Let me know.

Thanks!

SG[/QUOTE yah she took care of me, got a black on black from her!! couldnt do anything about the 10k a year milage,but its ok..i put 2k down at 848 a month..went straight to d3 and put the air intake and computer package on..made the engine look sweet!! and then george gave me his gibson exhaut system off his 06 stsv and now it sounds great!!

GM-4-LIFE
05-08-07, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE=AERO1;1076102]That would be great!

Let me know.

Thanks!

SG[/QUOTE yah she took care of me, got a black on black from her!! couldnt do anything about the 10k a year milage,but its ok..i put 2k down at 848 a month..went straight to d3 and put the air intake and computer package on..made the engine look sweet!! and then george gave me his gibson exhaut system off his 06 stsv and now it sounds great!!

WOW! You made out like a bandit. Better than I did! Sherry and George are both really great to deal with and they actually have a few STS-Vs in stock.
Most dealers don't have any V series in stock. The rebates must have been really good on the car.

When did you get the car?

SG

1fstkde
05-08-07, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE=1fstkde;1076414]

WOW! You made out like a bandit. Better than I did! Sherry and George are both really great to deal with and they actually have a few STS-Vs in stock.
Most dealers don't have any V series in stock. The rebates must have been really good on the car.

When did you get the car?

SG
i got it last thursday, and i owe it all to you..:thumbsup: ..those two were classic, like a married couple!! they had alot of stsv in stock..at least 4..a year ago d3 put a v get together and i went with my ctsv, maybe we can get another one going!! ill post some pictures of the car and engine when i get a chance!!

Davidstan
05-09-07, 04:39 PM
D3, Did you guys ever do a baseline dyno of an sts v .... i know you did on the xlr v and it seemed like the stock peak hp was in the 340 range?

GM-4-LIFE
05-09-07, 05:23 PM
D3, Did you guys ever do a baseline dyno of an sts v .... i know you did on the xlr v and it seemed like the stock peak hp was in the 340 range?

STS-V's dyno bone stock at 370-380 rwhp.

SG

Davidstan
05-09-07, 07:38 PM

SG
Thx Aero, i'll post the tuned dyno sheet this wknd.

GM-4-LIFE
05-11-07, 02:49 AM

Also, when will the Stage II intake system be available to ship and how much is the STS-V Stage II intake?

SG

ATTN: D3, I ASK THIS QUESTION AGAIN. I believe it was overlooked the first time I asked.

SG

supermne
05-11-07, 12:00 PM
Hi, guys!
How are you doing here?
I'm New here.

urbanski
05-11-07, 12:12 PM
Hi, guys!
How are you doing here?
I'm New here.

yes and...?

GM-4-LIFE
05-11-07, 01:06 PM
Hi, guys!
How are you doing here?
I'm New here.

Welcome to the great STS-V owner's forum.

I am hoping we can get a lot more STS-V owners on here so we can have a lot of discussion on this great car.

SG

Kadonny
05-11-07, 01:36 PM
There seems to be a lot of black cars on the list.

Poll time!

Dr. Design
05-11-07, 04:07 PM
Hello,
The stage 2 pipes are about 3-4 weeks away. We had a material supply shortage that put us back a bit.

As for the ECU upgrade. Retail pricing for that is $650. However if you already have the air intake system we would apply the package discount to reflect the savings. Let us know if you are interested in that as we have those in stock.
Thank you,

ATTN: D3, I ASK THIS QUESTION AGAIN. I believe it was overlooked the first time I asked.

SG

Dr. Design
05-11-07, 04:11 PM
That seems like an aggressive figure. When we dyno'd our STS-V it was around 360 rwhp bone stock. We did hear there was a variance between some STS-V's....

SG

bobs-sts-v
05-11-07, 09:07 PM
D3,
Are the ECU and air intake system something I could easily install myself (seeing as how I am NOT drivin' out to LA)? I have considerable mechanical and electrical experience and I am not above getting my hands dirty. My neighbor also owns a race shop, so in the unlikely event I had a problem, I am relatively sure he could help out, but wanted to know ahead of time. Looks pretty straight forward by the pictures below.

Thanks! Bob

Dr. Design
05-11-07, 10:25 PM
Hello,
Actually it is very easy to install. If you are handy with your tools, there is no reason you cant get this done in an hour. The ECU chip upgrade is by far one of the easy items to install! You literally just discount one harness and plug in our harness. The air intake is also very easy to install. Let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you,

D3,
Are the ECU and air intake system something I could easily install myself (seeing as how I am NOT drivin' out to LA)? I have considerable mechanical and electrical experience and I am not above getting my hands dirty. My neighbor also owns a race shop, so in the unlikely event I had a problem, I am relatively sure he could help out, but wanted to know ahead of time. Looks pretty straight forward by the pictures below.

Thanks! Bob

GM-4-LIFE
05-12-07, 12:46 AM
Hello,
The stage 2 pipes are about 3-4 weeks away. We had a material supply shortage that put us back a bit.

As for the ECU upgrade. Retail pricing for that is $650. However if you already have the air intake system we would apply the package discount to reflect the savings. Let us know if you are interested in that as we have those in stock.
Thank you,

I may wait for the Stage II pipes to be released before installing the Stage I intake system that I got from you and install them at the same time along with the ECU upgrade. Will the ECU upgrade be updated for the Stage I and stage II combo? Since I am not far, I may have you guys at D3 do the entire install for me so I don't have to mess with it.

Info please.

Thank you. Is this James by the way?

SG

1fstkde
05-12-07, 01:25 AM
I may wait for the Stage II pipes to be released before installing the Stage I intake system that I got from you and install them at the same time along with the ECU upgrade. Will the ECU upgrade be updated for the Stage I and stage II combo? Since I am not far, I may have you guys at D3 do the entire install for me so I don't have to mess with it.

Info please.

SG
shawn, i heard the stsv with the stage 2 pipes on it...sounded crazy!!:worship: james started it for me and gave a few revs and that thing sounded like a monster,, its worth letting them just put it in for you..

GM-4-LIFE
05-12-07, 12:04 PM
shawn, i heard the stsv with the stage 2 pipes on it...sounded crazy!!:worship: james started it for me and gave a few revs and that thing sounded like a monster,, its worth letting them just put it in for you..

1fstkde,

I spoke to James back in February (very nice guy by the way) when I ordered my Stage I intake from him and ever since then, I have been waiting for the Stage II pipes. When I ordered my Stage I intake system, James told me about the Stage II pipes that are soon to be released and I was hooked. I can't wait!

I would rather do everything in one shot, Stage I and II parts of the intake and the ECU upgrade so I can just enjoy the new found power the car will pick-up. I would most likely drive down to D3 and let them put it on and I am sure they can do it really quick since they have probably done so many so far.

Hopefully, the ECU upgrade will also calibrate the tranny shift points of the car because that is one shortcoming of the STS-V. It is rarely in the right gear so you can take advantage of the power.

SG

WillySTS
05-12-07, 09:00 PM
1fstkde,

Hopefully, the ECU upgrade will also calibrate the tranny shift points of the car because that is one shortcoming of the STS-V. It is rarely in the right gear so you can take advantage of the power.

SG
I feel you on that note AREO, I have the Stage I ECU upgrade and that issue is not addressed. You just have to floor it. In car my other car with a 6 speed manual, you just roll into the throttle once you've selected the right gear.

GM-4-LIFE
05-13-07, 06:27 PM
Hello,

Thank you,

Thanks for the info! I can't wait for the Stage II intake system to be released as I stated in my last post on this thread.

Do you have different ECU upgrades available or will you have different ECU upgrades available so it can account for both the Stage I and Stage II intakes? After all, the air/fuel mixture would be different on an STS-V with just the Stage I intake over an STS-V with the Stage I and Stage II intake because of the different amount of air entering the intake manifold.

Lastly, do you offer custom dyno tuning services or will you offer them for local V owners?

SG

Dr. Design
05-14-07, 01:21 PM
Hello,
The ECU upgrade will certainly be updated for the Stage 2 intake pipes when you order those items. If someone already has the stage 1 ECU upgrade, we can update it to be compliant all the way up to stage 3.

This is James. However there are a few people that will use this user name to answer various questions (i.e. technicians, sales guys, and myself).

Thank you,

Info please.

SG

Dr. Design
05-14-07, 01:25 PM
Hello Willy,
That is something we are looking into. The trannies on these cars could use a little more finesse.... Once we area able to determine what could be done we will announce it.

Thanks,

I feel you on that note AREO, I have the Stage I ECU upgrade and that issue is not addressed. You just have to floor it. In car my other car with a 6 speed manual, you just roll into the throttle once you've selected the right gear.

Dr. Design
05-14-07, 01:30 PM
We can't wait either! These new pipes really add character & power to the vehicle!

As for the ECU upgrade, yes there are two different ECU upgrades between the stage 1 & 2 intake systems.

We do not offer a custom dyno tuning service at this time. Our new facility will have a dyno, however it is not known at this time if we will offer public tuning services.

Thank you,

Thanks for the info! I can't wait for the Stage II intake system to be released as I stated in my last post on this thread.

Do you have different ECU upgrades available or will you have different ECU upgrades available so it can account for both the Stage I and Stage II intakes? After all, the air/fuel mixture would be different on an STS-V with just the Stage I intake over an STS-V with the Stage I and Stage II intake because of the different amount of air entering the intake manifold.

Lastly, do you offer custom dyno tuning services or will you offer them for local V owners?

SG

GM-4-LIFE
05-14-07, 04:05 PM
Dr. Design (James)

Thanks for the info. I will wait to do the ECU upgrade once I have you guys install my Stage I and Stage II intakes. Please please please keep us updated on the Stage II pipes as I can't wait to get it installed.

Will you guys offer it in a black powdercoat, so it will look like the factory piping so it won't throw up a red-flag to dealers when taking the car in for warranty work?

You guys really should offer custom dyno tuning services for us V Series owners, cause I am sure a lot of guys will take advantage.

As for the tranny shift points and tranny calibration, there is one local tuner that I know of that has done a few STS-V vehicles and has gotten the trannys to shift perfectly and that way the STS-V can use the new found power. I know his name is Doug and he uses HP Tuner software. You may want to get in contact with him and I am sure your tuner and him can get us V series owners the power transfer through the tranny we need to better enjoy our cars. I can supply you his contact info like email if you want. Just PM me or email me.

Thank you James!

SG

Kadonny
05-15-07, 09:37 AM
Can anyone explain to me what the stage 2 "pipes" are? This is new to me.

Thanks.

GM-4-LIFE
05-15-07, 03:01 PM
Can anyone explain to me what the stage 2 "pipes" are? This is new to me.

Thanks.

Kadonny,

The stage II pipes are located under the Northstar engine cover. Open your hood, locate the Northstar engine cover and right in front of the cover you will see the two black metal pipes that look fused together. These pipes are what travels air to the supercharger and from their the supercharger pumps the air forcefully into the intake manifold which creates the 12-13 psi of pressure which translates into more power.

That piping that I described above is what D3 is in the process of making that is a different design that is supposed to increase airflow and boost which will give the STS-V more power.

I hope this clarifies this.

SG

LITTLEELVISDAN
05-18-07, 12:34 PM
I read the entire thread and maybe I missed it but where is the dyno sheet for after the D3 kit install? Stage 1 or stage 2. I look for dyno proven gains for any perfomance mod I buy because I have found in the past that you can spend a lot of money on making a lot of noise and still loose HP and TQ.

LITTLEELVISDAN
05-18-07, 12:50 PM
Never mind, I found what I was looking for on the D3 web site. any of those power upgrades include a pulley upgrade to increase boost?

Fire and Ice
05-29-07, 12:39 PM
Never mind, I found what I was looking for on the D3 web site. any of those power upgrades include a pulley upgrade to increase boost?

The Complete Stage 2 Power Package for the STS V and the XLR V does include a pulley upgrade. Estimated power is around 575BHP, but we'll have more specific dyno numbers for everyone when we get the last of the parts in and dyno tested.

Craig@d3rd.com