: 2009 Lexus LX570

Lord Cadillac
01-16-07, 03:05 PM
It may be here as early as December of 2007..

At the moment, to me (anyway), the Escalade doesn't have any competition. When it comes to looks, power and capability all rolled into one, I really feel the Escalade stands alone.. But this new Lexus is going to steal some light.

The current LX470 is small, slow and optionless.. Optionless.. It has nothing. While asking a salesperson about options, it's a relief to hear that it DOES have power windows and air conditioning.. However, this all changes with the LX570. It's going to be BIG, FAST and Feature-rich.. As feature-rich as the Lexus LS460.

There is no doubt in my mind that many people who can afford the price will opt for the new LX over the Escalade.. Not all.. Just many.. I still feel the Escalade is going to be the better looking vehicle. But - I have a feeling the LX is going to look good as well..

The 5.7 liter v8 will have at least 400 horsepower and 400 foot pounds of torque.. I'm willing to bet that the Lexus will somehow end-up faster and more powerful than the Escalade - as it currently stands..

So.. I hope Cadillac is ready for this...

PAULSTSMAN1
01-16-07, 04:43 PM
The Escalade has the bling factor. With as much as was said (including me) about the LS460 I found out it has an Achilles heal...It can't stop. The stopping distance from 60 is so bad, that it frightens test drivers. How could Toyota make that kind of error?

90Brougham350
01-16-07, 05:01 PM
The people who buy Escalades don't strike me as the type of people who shopped around for months, comparing and researching dozens of vehicles. People who buy an Escalade knew they were going to buy an Escalade. This new Lexus will have a hard time stealing the pop-culture association from the Slade.

lowscola
01-17-07, 12:32 AM
I've been waiting for news of a new gen LX for a long time. The LX was unequaled before the Escalade came about. Even with over 10 years in - and only a few slight refreshes here and there, the LX is still a major player...especially in white. If Lexus gets the styling right, it will be an immediate king of the hill contender...but for some reason, I think they will mess up the design - Acura style. The last "spy-shots" I've come across where not very promising. But it may have just been a mule.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-17-07, 12:54 AM
The people who buy Escalades don't strike me as the type of people who shopped around for months, comparing and researching dozens of vehicles. People who buy an Escalade knew they were going to buy an Escalade. This new Lexus will have a hard time stealing the pop-culture association from the Slade.

Exactly. To me, most Escalade buyers seem to buy them because they're big in pop culture, not because it's better than the comparable SUV's.

Jesda
01-17-07, 09:13 AM
Our LX470 makes me vomit when I ride in it for more than 90 minutes. Hopefully the ride quality is improved in 2009.

Lord Cadillac
01-17-07, 12:23 PM
The LX470 is a piece of garbage. I believe I already posted a test-drive review. For nearly $80,000.00 - it's the biggest waste of money on wheels...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-17-07, 08:49 PM
$80,000? Huh? Wow, I drove one at work (trade in) and I didn't think it'd go for much more than $60,000. Jeez, if you're gonna spend eighty big ones, you could atleast splurge another ~$9,000 and get yourself a european sports sedan of the highest caliber..... S6, M5, E63 or the Quattroporte. That's what I'd do.

Lord Cadillac
01-17-07, 09:29 PM
Yup, full optioned I believe they hit $80k or $79k or so... Fully loaded is a joke in that truck..

Algemein
11-05-08, 12:18 PM
The LX470 is a piece of garbage. I believe I already posted a test-drive review. For nearly $80,000.00 - it's the biggest waste of money on wheels...
:cookoo:

lol....oh boy, the LX is actually one of the most reliable vehicles on the planet.if you want to talk about garbage we can talk about my 08 Escalade, I've replaced nearly 25% of the vehicle in repairs under warranty and it only has 1020 miles on it. I know my service techs by name....not good

ryannel2003
11-05-08, 07:36 PM
I've driven an LX470 and was impressed by it's refinement, build quality, and drivability. If I had a choice between the new LX570 and Escalade, it would be a hard choice... though the styling of the new model is disgusting.

However, I'd take a Range Rover HSE over both.

Lord Cadillac
11-07-08, 04:32 PM
:cookoo:

lol....oh boy, the LX is actually one of the most reliable vehicles on the planet.if you want to talk about garbage we can talk about my 08 Escalade, I've replaced nearly 25% of the vehicle in repairs under warranty and it only has 1020 miles on it. I know my service techs by name....not good
Lemons happen.. The LX470, for the money, is absolutely not worth it. Sure, it's reliable - so is a Buick LeSabre.

warty531
06-07-11, 02:53 AM
Our LX470 makes me vomit when I ride in it for more than 90 minutes. Hopefully the ride quality is improved in 2009.

I own a 2010 LX470 and i love it. I feel really good whenever i drive it, the ride quality is great i hope it continues to give quality ride.