: new 2006 owner...& have a question

jmayhew
01-16-07, 10:31 AM
I just got the wife a 2006 SRX... V6 AWD

it was a used SRX with 16K miles. got a good deal on it.
problem was it came with a CTS maunal

most of the stuff i've figured out & the CTS has same dash etc....so the manual has been of some use, but i had a queston.

is there a way to open the rear liftgate from the driver seat without pushing the button on the keyfob?
i haven't seen or can't find a button to do this.

i just bought a maunal on ebay, but it hasn't gotten here yet so i figured i'd throw the queston up on here.

any other little tricks/tip or things to look for.

c5 rv
01-16-07, 12:01 PM
Yes, there is another way to open the liftgate from the driver's seat without using the keyfob. Tell one of your passengers to get out and go pull the handle. If there is an inside release, I've never found it.

I would also suggest mainly using the power liftgate to open & close the rear. I've notice that if I open it by hand, it tends not to fully open and my head is at risk. As for closing, the gentle power close is probably better for everything than slamming it. I'm not worried about wearing out the power liftgate mechanism since the vehicle is leased and I will turn it in before the warranty expires.

jmayhew
01-16-07, 12:08 PM
I would also suggest mainly using the power liftgate to open & close the rear. I've notice that if I open it by hand, it tends not to fully open and my head is at risk. As for closing, the gentle power close is probably better for everything than slamming it.

yeah i thought & noticed the same thing.

i just thought they would have put in a liftgate button but i guess not.
cars have trunk release ...just thought this would have liftgate release.

no biggie.

TSS
01-16-07, 12:42 PM
I have thought the same thing many times....it really should have an interior release, but it doesn't. Also, I agree with c5 rv, it really does not open correctly when you use the handle.

Other tips....hmmmmm......the rear seats adjust forward and backward (handle near the floor like a manual adjustable front seat)...CTS does not have that..........I will try to think of more.

jmayhew
01-16-07, 01:49 PM
Other tips....hmmmmm......the rear seats adjust forward and backward (handle near the floor like a manual adjustable front seat)...CTS does not have that..........I will try to think of more.

ahhh yeah i saw that handle but didn't mess with it yet.
good info...yeah keep em comin'

dechief4
01-16-07, 03:12 PM
problem was it came with a CTS maunal.
If you go here (https://www.mygmlink.com/) and register your new SRX (using the VIN), you will have the opportunity to access an on-line PDF version of the owner's manual. Registering may take a phone call or two to the customer service numbers listed, as with a used car, the vehicle may already be registered to the original owner. Good luck!

Dechief...

c5 rv
01-16-07, 08:25 PM
Other 06 SRX items different from CTS that come to mind:

- Sunglass holders in doors - push the black button.

- Push the rubber button on center bottom edge of liftgate to close.

- Jack is located under rear-most compartment of cargo managment system or floor.

- Don't throw away the plastic bag in the jack storage area. Its purpose is to store your flat tire inside the car because it won't fit on the mini-spare carrier.

- Rear cargo shade pulls out from the right side.

- Build sheet (sticker) of what options are on your car is inside the top right wheelwell storage compartment just above the cargo shade. This storage compartment is a great place to store tie-down rachet straps.

- You can see the visible indicators for the backup sensor by looking in the center rearview mirror. The LEDs above the top of the rear window.

- Rear wiper control is above the rearview mirror.

jmayhew
01-17-07, 09:41 AM
Thanks i had figured all that stuff out except the 2 below...good info.

Other 06 SRX items different from CTS that come to mind:

- Don't throw away the plastic bag in the jack storage area. Its purpose is to store your flat tire inside the car because it won't fit on the mini-spare carrier.

- Build sheet (sticker) of what options are on your car is inside the top right wheelwell storage compartment just above the cargo shade. This storage compartment is a great place to store tie-down rachet straps.

jmayhew
01-17-07, 11:16 AM
another question...

does the regular stereo(non-NAV) play mp3's?
i tried a disc yesterday & no luck.

but it had folders on it so not sure if the radio can handle that.

i'll have to try it again but just burn the mp3's straight to the root of the disc.

anybody?

c5 rv
01-17-07, 11:55 AM
another question...

does the regular stereo(non-NAV) play mp3's?
i tried a disc yesterday & no luck.

but it had folders on it so not sure if the radio can handle that.

i'll have to try it again but just burn the mp3's straight to the root of the disc.

anybody?

I don't think it can read native mp3 files. I burned an audio disk and didn't have any problems.

TSS
01-17-07, 01:00 PM
I burned an audio disk and didn't have any problems.

Ditto. However, I did need to use a brand designated "Music CD-R", versus just a standard photo/music CD. Neither my '06 SRX or wife's '01 SLS would read the latter.

lazybill
01-17-07, 02:48 PM
FYI, neither does my 2007 V8 have any inside rear liftgate release button:banghead: :crying:

Smokin' SRX
01-22-07, 04:58 PM
I just got the wife a 2006 SRX... V6 AWD

it was a used SRX with 16K miles. got a good deal on it.
problem was it came with a CTS maunal

most of the stuff i've figured out & the CTS has same dash etc....so the manual has been of some use, but i had a queston.

is there a way to open the rear liftgate from the driver seat without pushing the button on the keyfob?
i haven't seen or can't find a button to do this.

I just bought a maunal on ebay, but it hasn't gotten here yet so i figured i'd throw the queston up on here.
any other little tricks/tip or things to look for.

Sounds minor, BUT...are you aware of the infamous, different tire sizes for the front VS the rear? DON'T let
someone unknowingly rotate your tires!
If you search this terrific forum you'll find mine and many other mentions of same. I switched to all 4 same size, 3 months ago (went with OE rear size, all around!) Dealer wouldn't do, but a local tire guy did. Works great and NOW I rotate! Will greatly extend tire life, I'm sure (have 23K total miles now):)