: Playing cassettes

b78772
01-15-07, 09:05 PM
I have a large number of audio cassettes. Does anyone know how I can hook up something to allow me to play the cassettes. I donít want to destroy the dash or anything else. Just some piece of playback equipment that I can place on the floor and then hook up to the Bose system If so, how to wire it or hook it up.

Superior Detailing
01-15-07, 11:27 PM
CASSETTES???? thats so twenty years ago dude.

Cadillade
01-16-07, 02:59 AM
If the stereo has the auxillary jack, you can hook up with a walkman cassette player. Just get a cable with male connectors on both ends or a mini-stereo cable. This is to replace the headphones. Then, hook up the walkman with one end and another end to the aux jack of your truck's stereo. That should work out fine.

Synergetic
01-16-07, 05:33 AM
CD's are becoming the past as we speak!

hcvone
01-16-07, 06:44 AM
One step above 8 tracks. GM Geek's IPOD device will allow you to plug a portable cassette player into it.

Guyz1996deville
01-16-07, 12:09 PM
If you want I will trade you my cassette player out of my o3 and trade you even up for your navigation. (even Up)

caddycruiser
01-16-07, 06:34 PM
If the stereo has the auxillary jack, you can hook up with a walkman cassette player. Just get a cable with male connectors on both ends or a mini-stereo cable. This is to replace the headphones. Then, hook up the walkman with one end and another end to the aux jack of your truck's stereo. That should work out fine.

Exactly. Some will just give dumb responses here, but people do still have cassettes, and this is the very easy way to play them.

benamaster
01-16-07, 06:43 PM
If you plan on playing tapes alot you might beable to hard wire a casette player. You could get one for a few bucks and keep it in the console and use the Neucleus adapter like said before to have the Aux In.